Registered
761 Posts
:thumb:
just-imho, the Suits recognize their own ignorance of the China market so
THEY GIVE CHINA ANYTHING IT ASKS FOR

the 'story' I see all the time is
IN CHINA, the owner sits in back - at least the owners of largish/Luxish sedans

on a less philosophical side,
there is some difference between stretching the rear compartment and spreading that stretch evenly front&back (see: Panther Taxi 6" stretch ... and check out the rear DOORS)

^all^just^imho^ :angel
I've had the pleasure of visiting China several times and I have been witness to this trend. A chauffeur driven car reflects the owner's status in their community. It's important and I get it. Automakers should add this feature to their products.

While I may not ride in my back seat I do care about the people who do. I'm concerned with their comfort and safety while a passenger in my car. My point is simple, I would be happy to purchase a LWB sedan and I think many others would as well.

Ford & Lincoln please bring these products to our market and enjoy continued growth. (imho)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
While I may not ride in my back seat I do care about the people who do. I'm concerned with their comfort and safety while a passenger in my car. My point is simple, I would be happy to purchase a LWB sedan and I think many others would as well.
I think this is where Lincoln MKZ (among others) needs attention . It is not so much the legroom, but the headroom which suffers because of the coupe-like roofline. For me, the only way a stretched wheelbase would make sense, is if the stretch was made in a way that the seatbacks would be further from the rear window, allowing tall people to sit comfortably. I really don't remember a time when so many mid-sized cars have had such useless rear seats for tall people.

This is another reason I wish small and mid-sized wagons would come back. They had all the rear headroom you needed.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
^^ It's the reason why I will not purchase the MKZ, the rear leg room/foot well space. If they offered a lwb version, it would solve my only problem with it. The MKS offers more rear space but I don't care for the styling of it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think this is where Lincoln MKZ (among others) needs attention . It is not so much the legroom, but the headroom which suffers because of the coupe-like roofline. For me, the only way a stretched wheelbase would make sense, is if the stretch was made in a way that the seatbacks would be further from the rear window, allowing tall people to sit comfortably. I really don't remember a time when so many mid-sized cars have had such useless rear seats for tall people.

This is another reason I wish small and mid-sized wagons would come back. They had all the rear headroom you needed.
I completely agree with you. Especially about the wagons. I'd love to see the Focus/Fusion wagons make their way to the U.S.A

·
Registered
761 Posts

Excellent point Logans Run I didn't think about the headroom problems with many new cars today. I too am a fan of the small & midsize wagons and would love to see Ford and others bring them back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MotorTrend: New Cars - Car News and Expert Reviews

In Brief:

-Called Continental (or MKS Continental)
-Suicide Doors
-AWD-only
-RWD for next-generation
MotorTrend: New Cars - Car News and Expert Reviews

In Brief:

-Called Continental (or MKS Continental)
-Suicide Doors
-AWD-only
-RWD for next-generation
With a quick and easy booking process, you can schedule same day for appointments directly from our website or give our 24/7 customer service support a call.
www.yourdetail.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have a car and trying to find car cleaning, car wash, interior detailing or exterior detailing services. Sit back and relax, just make a call or book us through our website. We will detail your car at your home or your business location.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts