Ford Inside News banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
I see the Flex lost the two-toned roof options and DVD headrests. When the only changes are things they remove then you know the end is pretty close.

Lincoln gets a new Iced Mocha Metallic color although I wish Lincoln would expand its color selection like Audi. I am looking for something like Tuxedo Black, a black metallic is simply easier to live with and looks more striking with curved sheetmetal.

I see the Flex lost the two-toned roof options and DVD headrests. When the only changes are things they remove then you know the end is pretty close.

Lincoln gets a new Iced Mocha Metallic color although I wish Lincoln would expand its color selection like Audi. I am looking for something like Tuxedo Black, a black metallic is simply easier to live with and looks more striking with curved sheetmetal.
That's one of Flex's best design features, IMO. Sad to see it go.

There are a couple features I don't see listed on the 2018 Navigator Fleet Preview Guide:

Continuously Controlled Dampening (CCD). I don't this on the Lincoln website either.

Electric reclining 3rd-row seat, but I do see the electric power fold feature.

There are a couple features I don't see listed on the 2018 Navigator Fleet Preview Guide:

Continuously Controlled Dampening (CCD). I don't this on the Lincoln website either.

Electric reclining 3rd-row seat, but I do see the electric power fold feature.
If Expy has it, Navigator will have it.

I'm hoping the 2018 Continental gets the 9-speed (as well as MKZ and MKX!) but not too sure it will.

Realistically I think the 2018 Continental will get small stuff, like the option of those rear screens the 2018 Navigator debuted (same seat shell, so seems a sure thing!)
I also expect the Black Label theme choices will lose one and gain another...my guess is lose Thoroughbred and gain Destination from new Navigator.

Guessing/wishing more, I'd say the 2018 MKZ will also loose Thoroughbred and gain Rhapsody...I think Lincoln is owning blue right now!

For the 2018 MKX, hope it gets the 3.0 GTDI as a new top engine. For BL, I think they will drop Thoroughbred and gain either Vineyard or Destination....or Yacht Club?! (Would be awesome!)

For the 2018 MKC, I'd guess that BL will drop Center Stage and pick up one either Vineyard or Destination..?

Anyone have any insight on the 9-speed for the Lincoln FWD platforms. MKZ and Continental should have this...ASAP.

Anyone have any insight on the 9-speed for the Lincoln FWD platforms. MKZ and Continental should have this...ASAP.
The 9 speed version currently used in GM products will not withstand the torque of the turbo V6s. There may be a more robust version being developed but we haven't seen it yet. Ford has been very closed-lipped about the 9 speed.

I expected the 4 cylinder Fusions, MKZs and Edges to get the 9 speed first and I thought maybe it would be for the 2018 model year but apparently not.

2018 MKT: Updated "Continuously Controlled Damping" to "Adaptive Suspension"

I have noticed that with newer Lincoln models they use of the terminology CCD is going away.

2018 Escape: SE and Titanium get more standard features for its last 2 model years...I think.

2018 Escape SE appears to have lost some stuff and option choices, but Titanium has added more standard equipment.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
2018 MKC & [BL] OGs
2018 MKZ+Hybrid & [BL] OGs
2018 Conti & [BL] OGs
2018 Navi OG
also
2018 Lincoln Navigator VRG - Visual Reference Guide, 2018 EcoSport_Hot Sheet_East, and 2018 F-150 Appearance Guide
have been posted on BON but at close to or just over 3megs each ...let me know if you want/need a direct Link

Attachments

Discussion starter · #36 · (Edited)
notes:

imho looks like the MKC's Hazelnut interior is on its way out = very limited paint choices
- - - - - - -
otoh, the Z'18 [BL] might have the best-ever paint asst

replacing VE / Chroma Flame Red Premium Metallic Paint (Chromoflare)
with A2 / Chroma Elite Copper Premium Metallic Paint (Chromoflare)
& adding N5 / Rhapsody Blue = 7 (SEVEN) colors!
never having seen either the Z'18's G1 / Black Velvet Metallic
nor the Z'17's W9 / Diamond Black Metallic = dunno...
would appreciate opinions from those who have seen both, esp side-by-side
- - - - - - -
glad to see that the [BL] Conti gets
New/Changed Package
— Climate Package now standard (features on Standard Equipment page)

really think it should be Std not only on ALL [BL]s; but ALL Reserves!!
- - - - - - -
hmm... just noticed All '18 aluNavi's have
— Personal Profiles (Audio/Climate/LDC/Seat/Mirror/Pedal)
- - - - - - -
as posted in the Fiesta thread, via ice-capades @ BON
• 09/01/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
• 09/11/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date << Look for OG
• 10/12/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
• 12/11/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
MKX [BL]
MKX
C-Max
Taurus
Edge ...adding pricing examples from BON

Attachments

Ah Good, was looking for the 2018 MKX. No changes except for colors, looks like Diamond Black Metallic is once again gone except for Black Label which gets a new version of it. Bummer, I was going to order one with Diamond Black but what else is new.

Taurus loses the 4-cyliner, probably to avoid installing the newer 2.0L EB.

Edge gets some package shuffling and the previously announced SEL Sport Appearance package.

Ah Good, was looking for the 2018 MKX. No changes except for colors, looks like Diamond Black Metallic is once again gone except for Black Label which gets a new version of it. Bummer, I was going to order one with Diamond Black but what else is new.

Taurus loses the 4-cyliner, probably to avoid installing the newer 2.0L EB.

Edge gets some package shuffling and the previously announced SEL Sport Appearance package.
I still don't understand why there isn't a blue available for the Black Label MKX.

Reactions: 2b2
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.