Ford Inside News banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
@rmc523
?

or
Did you mean interior?
imho, needs more than 3 Themes as well
& should it be Rhapsody or YatchClub or a NEW one??
No I didn't see Rhapsody blue at the beginning of the order guide. Good to see it's offered for 2018.

Reactions: 2b2
Discussion starter · #43 · (Edited)

Attachments

Reactions: 2b2
Pre-Collision Assist
Take smart on the road with the available Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection.10 If the system’s sensors detect a potential collision with a car or pedestrian in front of you, a warning flashes on the windshield and an audible alert sounds. Also, the brakes will precharge and increase assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you do brake.*

Shouldn't the tech actually stop the car from having an accident, instead of just a warning.......for MY2018?

Although it's not a government mandate, most automakers like Ford agreed to make Auto-Braking standard by 2022. Ford's auto braking is a recent addition to their adaptive cruise system which is only available in high-end configurations but the standardized warning system just arrived in 2017 and does not have brake support. The 2016 Lincoln MKX was the first Ford to get the upgraded emergency braking adaptive cruise system.

Discussion starter · #52 · (Edited)
Topped one out at 42,260
the plan to de-mobilize what's left of the middle-class is progressing nicely.
Next come the new-cars-ONLY roads...

Pre-Collision *Assist*...
Shouldn't the tech actually stop the car from having an accident, instead of just a warning.......for MY2018?
imho they have yet to figure out different styles of tail-gating across the country
:angel >:)

Discussion starter · #53 · (Edited)
Although it's not a government mandate, most automakers like Ford agreed to make Auto-Braking standard by 2022. Ford's auto braking is a recent addition to their adaptive cruise system which is only available in high-end configurations but the standardized warning system just arrived in 2017 and does not have brake support. The 2016 Lincoln MKX was the first Ford to get the upgraded emergency braking adaptive cruise system.
While the last gen Fiesta and current gen Focus had the tech in Europe back in 2012. I asked Ford at the 2013 NAIAS at the introduction of the current Fusion, and they said it will come to NA if there was enough demand. 4 years later.....

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Posted Today @ BON

"Our Dealer Principal and I met with our Ford representative to do our new wholesale for vehicle allocation. While there has been no official announcement from Ford, our Ford representative informed us that the C-MAX Energi (plug-in) is no longer available for the 2018 Model Year! Guess that explains why they never released an order guide for the 2018 C-MAX Energi!"

While the last gen Fiesta and current gen Focus had the tech in Europe back in 2012. I asked Ford at the 2013 NAIAS at the introduction of the current Fusion, and they said it will come to NA if there was enough demand. 4 years later.....
Ford is generally very conservative on safety tech and responds only to regulatory or competitive pressures, which is why it's in Europe but not in the US.

Posted Today @ BON

"Our Dealer Principal and I met with our Ford representative to do our new wholesale for vehicle allocation. While there has been no official announcement from Ford, our Ford representative informed us that the C-MAX Energi (plug-in) is no longer available for the 2018 Model Year! Guess that explains why they never released an order guide for the 2018 C-MAX Energi!"
The Focus EV and C-Max will be gone entirely very shortly so it makes some sense to start exiting these underachieving products now and just get out of areas in which they are not competitive.

Ford is generally very conservative on safety tech and responds only to regulatory or competitive pressures, which is why it's in Europe but not in the US.
Wow,
You literally just said that Ford does not offer safety equipment...unless they are forced to.

That is not even worth a response to discredit.
Borg, do you challenge yourself daily wondering how many times you can slam Ford on this site?

Wow,
You literally just said that Ford does not offer safety equipment...unless they are forced to.

That is not even worth a response to discredit.
Borg, do you challenge yourself daily wondering how many times you can slam Ford on this site?
Ford is good at a great many things, Safety engineering is NOT one of them. From some of the worst IIHS scores to a failure to innovate or incorporate safety equipment, this is just not an area of expertise or priority and that's fine. We're talking about a company that only reinforced certain models of the F-150 it new would be tested by the IIHS. And Ford didn't pass the Small Overlap test until the 2016 Lincoln MKX and SOME models of the F-Series.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.