Ford Inside News banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Ford is good at a great many things, Safety engineering is NOT one of them. From some of the worst IIHS scores to a failure to innovate or incorporate safety equipment, this is just not an area of expertise or priority and that's fine. We're talking about a company that only reinforced certain models of the F-150 it new would be tested by the IIHS. And Ford didn't pass the Small Overlap test until the 2016 Lincoln MKX and SOME models of the F-Series.
Inflatable seatbelts are not innovative? Is a Ford development.

Small overlap test is a recent introduction in the IIHS crash test protocol, so, some cars designed previous the implementation of this test did not pass it.

The Tesla Model S is one of those car that doesnt pass this test in a recent (early 2017) IIHS test .

Read more : http://blog.caranddriver.com/tesla-model-s-misses-top-score-in-iihs-small-overlap-front-crash-test/

Inflatable seatbelts are not innovative? Is a Ford development.

Small overlap test is a recent introduction in the IIHS crash test protocol, so, some cars designed previous the implementation of this test did not pass it.

The Tesla Model S is one of those car that doesnt pass this test in a recent (early 2017) IIHS test .

Read more : http://blog.caranddriver.com/tesla-model-s-misses-top-score-in-iihs-small-overlap-front-crash-test/
The Tesla Model S received only an "acceptable" rating from IIHS on its small overlap frontal crash test, a notch below the top rating of "good," with slack in the seat belt allowing a crash test dummy’s head to hit the steering wheel despite the cushioning of the airbag.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...-irresponsible-and-uncalled-for/#240df81148b4

This result has nothing to do with the vehicle structure that is still stronger than any vehicle on sale today, but how the dummy was positioned in the seat belt and it's movement at impact.

The Tesla Model S received only an "acceptable" rating from IIHS on its small overlap frontal crash test, a notch below the top rating of "good," with slack in the seat belt allowing a crash test dummy’s head to hit the steering wheel despite the cushioning of the airbag.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...-irresponsible-and-uncalled-for/#240df81148b4

This result has nothing to do with the vehicle structure that is still stronger than any vehicle on sale today, but how the dummy was positioned in the seat belt and it's movement at impact.

Oh nice! The Tesla´s structure is stroger than anything out there, but the dummy´s head was injured. I dont want to be in a Tesla during an small overlap frontal crash.

Oh nice! The Tesla´s structure is stroger than anything out there, but the dummy´s head was injured. I dont want to be in a Tesla during an small overlap frontal crash.
It is better than most Fords in this test however, but it needs to be better. Ford does the absolute minimum in safety engineering and really benefits from heavy regulation and scrutiny which is why I'm glad we have these systems in place to keep companies like Ford accountable for their lack of interest. Ford isn't the only one of course but has been one of the worst after a brief period of leadership back in the Volvo days. I still can't forgive them for engineering completely different safety systems for the new F-150 and had to correct it when they were called out by the IIHS. If they weren't I'm sure they would never tell their customers about the missing structural reinforcements in some models.

It is better than most Fords in this test however, but it needs to be better. Ford does the absolute minimum in safety engineering and really benefits from heavy regulation and scrutiny which is why I'm glad we have these systems in place to keep companies like Ford accountable for their lack of interest. Ford isn't the only one of course but has been one of the worst after a brief period of leadership back in the Volvo days. I still can't forgive them for engineering completely different safety systems for the new F-150 and had to correct it when they were called out by the IIHS. If they weren't I'm sure they would never tell their customers about the missing structural reinforcements in some models.

The dummys are safer in a 30000$ 2017 Fusion than in a 100000$ Tesla

Discussion starter · #68 ·
dunno if I've missed some before & some others have updates :facepalm:
Fiesta
Fiesta ST
Focus ST
Focus Electric
Mustang
SuperDuty is over 2mb so won't load - see BON

Attachments

Wow, rear drum brakes up to SEL trim , and plastic wrapped steering wheel.
And RS and ST don't have LED tail lamps. I did not realize N.A. stuff was so lacking.

No wonder Focus sales are in the dumpster. With the other guys adding stuff no competition from Ford seemingly uninterested in moving this car.

Reactions: Bloggin
And RS and ST don't have LED tail lamps. I did not realize N.A. stuff was so lacking.

No wonder Focus sales are in the dumpster. With the other guys adding stuff no competition from Ford seemingly uninterested in moving this car.
To be fair, the other guys don't have anything that compares to the RS and ST Focus so any Ford fan should be extremely grateful to have those products while they last.

We already knew Ford had cancelled the C-Max Energi for 2018. The Focus and C-Max cease production in about 6 months I believe.

To be fair, the other guys don't have anything that compares to the RS and ST Focus so any Ford fan should be extremely grateful to have those products while they last.

We already knew Ford had cancelled the C-Max Energi for 2018. The Focus and C-Max cease production in about 6 months I believe.
Golf GTi, Golf R, WRX, and the weirdo Civic R thing you have in N.A. yes?

But I was mostly speaking of the normal Focus and how is it supposed to compete? Even Titanium does not offer the old HID's never mind LED head lights, no LED tail lamps you know what I mean?
2018 type features.

Let the model gen run too long, de-content the interior and when consumers stop buying, blame the low sales on the segment. While at the same time the competition that offered a new model, added content are also selling over 30k units per month each.

It looks like with Pre Collision Assist, it can now apply the brakes if the driver does not. Very much like Active City Stop in Europe stops the car. Before it just pre-charged the brakes.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.