Ford Inside News banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mach E has nothing to do with Rivian.

And furthermore, why would it being on a Rivian platform suddenly make it more popular than Mustang and ok to be called Mach 1?
Probably due to the fact the Rivian SUV - which I'm estimating to be a lot heavier than Mach - goes to 60 in 3.x seconds. If Ford tries to pass sub 5s as acceptable I'm guessing some would be wishing they did use the Rivian drive system. Unless of course you're happy that it'd have it's doors blown off by a Tesla 3.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Probably due to the fact the Rivian SUV - which I'm estimating to be a lot heavier than Mach - goes to 60 in 3.x seconds. If Ford tries to pass sub 5s as acceptable I'm guessing some would be wishing they did use the Rivian drive system. Unless of course you're happy that it'd have it's doors blown off by a Tesla 3.

Dont try to compete with the Faster-than-Lambo Tesla. This car is faster than anything on earth! And that is all it can do it well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dont try to compete with the Faster-than-Lambo Tesla. This car is faster than anything on earth! And that is all it can do it well.
That's why I asked the question, since it's common knowledge that Ford and Rivian are together, and it's hinted that Ford will use the Rivian skateboard for an SUV of some sort, and if the Rivian SUV can sprint to 60 in less than 4 seconds then a brutally fast Mach isn't out of the question.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts