suspension systems should bring improvements
to dynamics via a front-mounted steering rack
and two-piece lower A-arms like those seen on
Territory.
Meantime, Mr Gorman said Ford’s top-selling
medium SUV will not be facelifted this year, but
that it would receive turbo-diesel power before
Falcon did. And he did not rule out the possibility
of a Territory diesel emerging this year.
“We’re not going to change the face of
Territory this year,” he said. “All our efforts
are going into Falcon – we’re working all out
to get out the sedan and the ute.
“From the product front we’re anything
but sitting still. You’re just not seeing that
domestically at the moment because for us to
do the sedan and ute is a big effort and that’s
where our energies lie at the moment.”

EXPECT a series of value-added limitededition
Falcon variants rather than a BF
MkIII facelift to be launched this year, as
part of what Ford anticipates will be a sales
battleground in the lead-up to its all-new
Falcon in early 2008.
“That (large-car) segment will continue to be
a challenge for us against all-new competitors,”
said Ford Australia president Tom Gorman on
Friday. “We think even in its fi nal year Falcon’s
share (of the large-car segment) should be
better than 25.7 (per cent), and we’re taking
tactical action to work on that.
“But this is going to be a battleground for
us this year. Under 26 per cent isn’t where
we really want to be. But we still have an
outstanding car. There’s no question from a
driving dynamic, frankly, BFII is as good as
any of the new products on the road today.
“We know that our next-generation Falcon
is going to leap substantially where they
(Holden with its VE Commodore) are, so
we’re not worried about that at all.”​
FULL STORY: CLICK HERE

Mellor.net

See less See more
#6 ·
this Falson was not intended for Us import last fall - it might have changed since then, but it is unlikely...

an insider at BOF pointed to 2015 as the year Ford will again have a full size RWD sedan.

we shall see 2015 is WAYS off .. there is enough time for a 3rd generation of the 427/Interceptor concept.

PS: 2015 actually gived FoMoCo enough time to come up with a Zeta-like global achitecture and make this one of the first models out. Currently (and even with the all new Mustang in 2010) the AUS and US RWD architectures are not being merged.

Igor

#7 ·
this Falson was not intended for Us import last fall - it might have changed since then, but it is unlikely...

an insider at BOF pointed to 2015 as the year Ford will again have a full size RWD sedan.

we shall see 2015 is WAYS off .. there is enough time for a 3rd generation of the 427/Interceptor concept.

PS: 2015 actually gived FoMoCo enough time to come up with a Zeta-like global achitecture and make this one of the first models out. Currently (and even with the all new Mustang in 2010) the AUS and US RWD architectures are not being merged.

Igor
Not Merging Jaguar, Ford, US/Ausie RWD architecture is probably going to be a very costly mistake for Ford..
I think GM had to buy some world fastest super computer to build a Global design and Engineering plartform, and test thing.. and now its beggining to pay off..
Ford is still oparating like its 1930

#8 ·
Not Merging Jaguar, Ford, US/Ausie RWD architecture is probably going to be a very costly mistake for Ford..
I think GM had to buy some world fastest super computer to build a Global design and Engineering plartform, and test thing.. and now its beggining to pay off..
Ford is still oparating like its 1930
well since Mulally took over, things have changed:
the Jag will remain unique - like AM was ..

but the AU and NA architectures WILL be merged - but he came in too late to change the fact that Orion and 2011 Mustang will be separate ..

That is what I was saying.

I wonder where Mazda's MX5 and RX8 architectures fall in .. I can imagine them operating on a unique flexible RWD architecture as well, but who knows.

Igor

#9 ·
would it be a direct competitor to the Pontiac G8?
In Oz the XR8 is the competion for the Commodore SS (Pontiac G8)

The XR6 Turbo sells to a different kind of person to those who want v8's

The XR6 Turbo is actually quicker than its more expensive brother the XR8 and handles better because it doesnt have as much weight over the front wheels.

The XR6 Turbo has become a modern Cult car here in Australia. It is easy and cheap to modify...

#10 ·
Isn't the I6 the same old unit in the American Falcon?

The Falcon won't be exported to US, atleast not this one. It will come to ME however.

Ford better make a serious marketing campaign, I like their Edge ad they made. I also like how they couldn't find a word in Arabic for Bold so it's just 'Moves'.

#11 ·
Isn't the I6 the same old unit in the American Falcon?

The Falcon won't be exported to US, atleast not this one. It will come to ME however.

Ford better make a serious marketing campaign, I like their Edge ad they made. I also like how they couldn't find a word in Arabic for Bold so it's just 'Moves'.
The I6 used over here has evolved from the old American I6. But it is noting like the old engine now. Its a Twin overhead cam each with individual cam control 4 valves per cyclinder and it loves to rev.

#12 ·
The I6 used over here has evolved from the old American I6. But it is noting like the old engine now. Its a Twin overhead cam each with individual cam control 4 valves per cyclinder and it loves to rev.
That perhaps is an engine that can rival the Supra i6 of yester years..

#13 ·
That perhaps is an engine that can rival the Supra i6 of yester years..
Different engines for different uses... The Supra engine is for a light sports car. The Ford I6 is for family Sedans and our Territory (SUV) there are 2 current versions of the engine for Ford

The Barra 190 and the Barra 245 (this is the turbo)
FPV have their version for the F6 cars but it is the same engine as the Barra 245 with a different tune.

The biggest problem with the Barra 245 is keeping a gearbox alive when they are modified. In the Sedans modified cars also have a problem with CV's breaking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.