Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Racing Launches Fiesta Rally Experience - Car and Driver

July 16, 2010 at 5:13 pm by Jake Holmes
Ford Racing has teamed up with New Hampshire–based Team O’Neil Rally School to let the general public learn how to go rallying in a Ford Fiesta. Ford will campaign highly modified Fiestas in both the FIA World Rally Championship and Rally America next year, and is allowing regular car owners a chance to get in on the fun.

After a classroom session covering vehicle dynamics and car control, students at the Fiesta Rally Experience will spend time on a gravel skid pad and slalom course in the Fiestas, and will learn skills like left-foot braking. Instructors will demonstrate the legendary Scandinavian flick and give students a full-tilt ride through a rally stage. The best students will get to drive the stages themselves.

Ford donated 43 Fiestas to the school, and all have been specially prepped for rally duty with skid plates, rally suspension, off-road tires, and a roll bar to keep occupants safe. The one-day program costs $495 per person. If it’s as much fun as the above picture suggests, we’d say it’s money well spent.

Related posts:
  1. Ken Block’s Rally Ford Fiesta Makes Debut at Sno*Drift Rally
  2. Ford Fiesta Wins X Games Rally
  3. Fiesta Makes its U.S. Rally Debut at the X Games

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
^ imho an EB Fiesta will show up for the graduates in future "advanced coursework"...

...Summer Skool 2011?
Advanced coursework?
How about the current Fiesta R2 rally car, that would be a good next step.

-rallybuzz
The R2 uses a naturally aspirated 1.6 liter ti-VCT engine tuned to produce 170 PS (168 hp) @ 7500 rpm and 182 Nm (134 ft-lb) @ 5700 rpm.
It has a 5-speed sequential gearbox.

Something tamer would be the Fiesta Mountune 140.

-autocar
The performance kit bumps the stock naturally aspirated 1.6 liter Fiesta engine to 140 PS (138 hp) @ 6750 rpm

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Now that is the real deal. I used to watch WRC, but when I see you tube videos of Group B cars, I realize that things just aren’t the same anymore.
Advanced coursework?
How about the current Fiesta R2 rally car, that would be a good next step.

-rallybuzz
The R2 uses a naturally aspirated 1.6 liter ti-VCT engine tuned to produce 170 PS (168 hp) @ 7500 rpm and 182 Nm (134 ft-lb) @ 5700 rpm.
It has a 5-speed sequential gearbox.

Something tamer would be the Fiesta Mountune 140.

-autocar
The performance kit bumps the stock naturally aspirated 1.6 liter Fiesta engine to 140 PS (138 hp) @ 6750 rpm

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Now that is the real deal. I used to watch WRC, but when I see you tube videos of Group B cars, I realize that things just aren’t the same anymore.
Real deal... in an entry level way. The R2 is a FWD production-based rally car, much weaker than the 4WD Fiesta S2000 (Super 2000) rally car in the photo below.

The Fiesta S2000 is powered by a naturally aspirated 280hp 2.0 liter engine.

A similar Fiesta is being developed for the 2011 WRC, the Fiesta RS WRC which will be powered by a turbocharged 1.6 liter engine (new WRC regulations).
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=376511&FS=WRC
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=7216&desc=2011 WRC calendar under review

Fiesta S2000 in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2I5ZBQ8gho&feature=related

1 - 6 of 6 Posts