Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 486 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Looks longer than Edge, that's a good thing imo. I get a MDX vibe from it, though.
I was thinking the same thing. With what looks like a longer rear overhang. But hoping it maintains the dimensions similar to the Porsche Cayenne. I can also see the front end is a bit lower an longer than the new Edge. No clamshell rear hatch would be good so the side profile will be cleaner without an additional vertical cut line.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Thanks a bunch, Borg!

It looks like it will retain the concept's silhouette, but it looks like they didn't keep the concept's dash-to-axle ratio. And yes, the front overhang looks longer than the concept's.

So far, I like what I see.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. With what looks like a longer rear overhang. But hoping it maintains the dimensions similar to the Porsche Cayenne. I can also see the front end is a bit lower an longer than the new Edge. No clamshell rear hatch would be good so the side profile will be cleaner without an additional vertical cut line.
The Porsche, Audi, and VW large SUVs all have longitudinal engine placement with the front wheels extended out and shorter front overhangs, much like the MKX concept in appearance. In order to keep the longer hood they'll have to increase the front overhang which is counterproductive to both style and weight balance.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
first: 3 cheers for Borg!!! ( actually, 1 for each pic :nevreness: )

2: just now thinking of another advantage for switching the biggest engine from 3.5/3.7 to Nano...
...requires less engine compartment room!,
thus a bit more wiggleroom to play with more RWDish proportions...
...I just/really like that they seem to have kept more of the (what I prolly incorrectly-call) monocoque-shape from the current Xedge than the nextgen Edge has -- whose "edgy-er" creases+ridges make the overall shape look "looser" to me (hard to decribe)

3:
Too bad those funky directionals on the mirrors didn't make it into production.
[imgalign=top]http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/Tejrinde/Emoticons/Wave/smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif[/imgalign]
?

just-imho, if they made those^, or some other high-visibility styling thingie,
part of, or only available with [BlackLabel],
the Take-Rate would zoom close to 100%

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Here's a comparison with the concept. I, for one, am extremely pleased. Sure, maybe a LITTLE bit is lost between the dash and axle, but generally speaking, the shape remained very very nicely and this should turn out as one sweet ride :thumb: !!

View attachment 9074
View attachment 9066

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
From what I can see the headlghts looks very similar to the MKC
I noticed that too. You can see the LED strip that goes downwards towards the grille between the main headlight and the blinker(or brights? whatever). Maybe there will be some sort of LED border around the unit to mimic the concept's lighting. Perhaps the headlights will be set inwards a bit too to appear as though they are set within the grille a bit. If either of those things happen though, it should still look a bit more aggressive than the MKC imho.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The MKX concept is a bit more outlandish than the Edge concept, but I"m hoping for some sort of distinctive MKX design signature which the concept did have. We can't really see it here but it's possible we'll see that grille/Headlight treatment in some fashion, probably not as dramatic or as recognizable. The concept's lower fascia clearly isn't on the production vehicle, which is to be expected...you need vents and stuff ;)

I guess my biggest fear is that this is literally just an MKC skin on an Edge body, sans the clamshell. But I bet it will look better, ha!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
"The MKX concept is a bit more outlandish than the Edge concept, but I"m hoping for some sort of distinctive MKX design signature which the concept did have."
like?
maybe: grille/Headlight treatment...
the extreme blocking within the camo (I don't believe they're that slit-like) supports there being something special there - like the concept?

while chopping (Mission) the front, I wasn't enthralled with the concept's lower fascia anyway
just-imho

"I guess my biggest fear is that this is literally just an MKC skin on an Edge body, sans the clamshell. But I bet it will look better, ha!"
well, the Xconcept used the same grille (mostly) & side swoops above the wheels
so there must be a lot of resemblance
tho
the pix give me the feeling the realX's C-pillar is different from its concept & more different from the Edge
*IF*
the Aviator is coming out sooner than several years (like maybe next? or just after?),
wonder if they might have nextgen styling already pretty much developed
AND might have used current-gen themes but easily updated for the established X,
allowing the new Aviator to make its splash before some kind of gen2mce for the 2017my/cy X?????

(( frequent updating AND planning it long ahead of time
is a major rant of mine ))

·
Registered
183 Posts
The MKX concept is a bit more outlandish than the Edge concept, but I"m hoping for some sort of distinctive MKX design signature which the concept did have. We can't really see it here but it's possible we'll see that grille/Headlight treatment in some fashion, probably not as dramatic or as recognizable. The concept's lower fascia clearly isn't on the production vehicle, which is to be expected...you need vents and stuff ;)

I guess my biggest fear is that this is literally just an MKC skin on an Edge body, sans the clamshell. But I bet it will look better, ha!
From what I can see the proportions of the MKX will look better than the MKC for sure. From the side profile shots of the greenhouse, and front/rear overhangs I'm getting an Audi Q7 vibe which is a good thing IMO.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
I honestly did not know if there were pics of the MKX out there. I have seen some ask about it, maybe assuming they would look and find some, and have mentioned that there are camo'd CUV's running around for weeks now. I would have expected spy photographs by now. Then again, you literally can't see anything under that camo, so I did not see the urgency.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No you can't.
In fact, I have never seen more camo better disguising a vehicle than this. I was not even sure it was the MKX, and still am not 100% certain.
Wings I have noticed over the years that Ford is REALLY good at hiding their vehicles with their camo, you need to go talk to those co-workers of yours and "fix" that for us true Ford and Lincoln fans :thumb:

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Wings I have noticed over the years that Ford is REALLY good at hiding their vehicles with their camo, you need to go talk to those co-workers of yours and "fix" that for us true Ford and Lincoln fans :thumb:
LOL, I would if I could.
Thinking about it, I see so many camo'd vehicles running around, I really don't even notice one unless it is partially uncovered, which is rare.
But I do understand that fans are dying for any chance to see something.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
No you can't.
In fact, I have never seen more camo better disguising a vehicle than this. I was not even sure it was the MKX, and still am not 100% certain.
If not what is it? Next Aviator-MKT? Or the white space vehicle (maybe something between X and Aviator)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
With this being lengthier than the Edge as well as the previous generation X (blahblahblah I know it's in the overhangs, from what we can tell), what is the possibility of a dinky third row? Just a thought, i doubt it.

Also, personally I'd prefer an improved MKT than this 'Aviator', but looking at these pics of such a lengthy MKX as well as thinking of talks about an Aviator-type vehicle, I'm beginning to question whether or not an MKT has a spot in the lineup. If the Aviator doesn't replace the MKT in the lineup, that leaves Lincoln with 2 sedans, one full-sized SUV, and 4 (two with two rows and two with three rows) crossovers. FOUR!

Just food for thought.

But I digress

21 - 40 of 486 Posts