Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Adding even a small 3rd row equates to compromising the relatively roomy 2nd row. That would be a mistake. They have other vehicles for that.

I spent some time in my brothers new current Gen Edge, which he loves btw, and I am thinking that maybe I want an edge now. With kids grown up, one has his own car, I barely use my 3rd row in our Explorer. Very soon, I will not use it at all or barely. Wife's final decision, as she drives it daily, but I want her to look closely at this. Sportier looking, easier to manage, cheaper and better fuel economy.

Yeah, that is making sense to me.
Would love the MKX, but with 3 cars in the family now and college costs right around the corner, I doubt that will happen.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you want better fuel economy, don't get the current Edge Sport, lol. I'm interested in seeing what the new Edge with new engines can achieve.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
From what I can see the proportions of the MKX will look better than the MKC for sure. From the side profile shots of the greenhouse, and front/rear overhangs I'm getting an Audi Q7 vibe which is a good thing IMO.
Agree with you, I also see a bit of Cayene that is of course something good

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Even with its shortcomings, it'll still look better than any of its FWD-based competitors. Maybe with the next generation, the MKX will as differentiated from the Edge as so many of us would like it to be.
hope you are right Darlene! the X needs that difference between both models

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well, headlights do need to be functional ;) The Germans do something more interesting with lights, but there is massive tech and price difference between those cars and Lincoln.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yeah, MKZ has LED, the Navi and MKC LED running lights but HID projectors........I guess the X wil have LED
I hope the MKX has LED headlamps available, but that spy shot looks more like HID. Maybe there will be more than one option, although since Lincoln started phasing out halogens they have just offered a single type of headlamps per model.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I hope the MKX has LED headlamps available, but that spy shot looks more like HID. Maybe there will be more than one option, although since Lincoln started phasing out halogens they have just offered a single type of headlamps per model.
not sure if those are HID, looks like the ones on the Z

·
Registered
358 Posts
not sure if those are HID, looks like the ones on the Z
Granted it is hard to tell from the limited still photos we have, but the LED lights on the MKZ have a tendency to shift colors when looked at from different angles. These photos look to be a consistent white color from all available angles, which is more typical of HIDs. Alternatively, the LED technology may have improved enough in the past couple years to eliminate the shift found on the MKZ.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Granted it is hard to tell from the limited still photos we have, but the LED lights on the MKZ have a tendency to shift colors when looked at from different angles. These photos look to be a consistent white color from all available angles, which is more typical of HIDs.
true :( lets hope they change it, LED looks better IMHO

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
We Finally Get a Glimpse of the Next Gen Mid-Size CUV
Ford Inside News
July 24, 2014
By: Austin Rutherford

After just a couple of weeks following the debut of the all-new Ford Edge, FIN has acquired spy shots of its sister vehicle, the 2016 Lincoln MkX. The next generation mid-size luxury crossover will be very important to the resurgent Lincoln brand as the MkX will be their third product for the important Chinese market.

Previewed with a concept shown at the Beijing Auto Show in April, our spy shots show a highly camouflaged vehicle testing in Dearborn, Michigan earlier this year. Though most of the soft points have been hidden, we can tell that the 2016 production model will hold true to the concept's design language, as expected.

The bow-wave split wing grill that debuted on the Lincoln MKZ is retained, as is the slight kick up in the window line just before the C-pillar like the recently launched MkC. The production version appears to retain the pillared side mirrors of the concept as well.

The production version, however, appears to be shorter than the concept indicating it might not ride on a lengthened version of the Edge platform as did the concept. Regardless of final length, this new MkX will ride on the CD4.2 platform that will also underpin the forthcoming 2016 Ford S-Max and Galaxy.

The rear profile of the vehicle is heavily disguised and only gives hints at the tail lamps. That said, a bulge in the camo indicates the rear chin spoiler will be retained for production.

Lincoln never showed pictures of the MkX Concept’s interior, nor do the spy shots.

No engines have been confirmed for the 2016 MkX, but it is a good bet that the 2.3-liter I-4 EcoBoost engine will come standard. Engine noise from the prototype, according to the spy photographers, was that of a V-6. This leads us to believe a Nano family engine (as in the 2.7-liter V-6 EcoBoost) will grace the MkX as an option. Other options or standard equipment should include a panoramic vista roof and Lincoln Drive Control, among others.

The 2016 Lincoln MkX should debut within the next auto season with sales likely starting in mid-2015. Production will continue in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. With Edge production set to begin in China in the near future, however, do not be surprised if the MkX starts production in China as well.

A Big Thank You to DetroitBorg for helping us receive the photos!
at least it seems that it would have the 180 camera but not the 360 from the F150

41 - 60 of 486 Posts