Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Big Lincoln Navigator Ad Campaign Since 2007 Starts Next Month
Autonews

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Next month, Lincoln will kick off its first significant marketing campaign for the Lincoln Navigator since 2007, brand executives said at a press event here.

Lincoln began shipping the re-engineered 2015 Navigator to dealers earlier this month. It will begin ads after dealers are well-stocked with the new version in late October.

With full-size SUVs selling briskly, Lincoln has updated the Navigator for the first time since the 2007 model year.

Changes include:

• Lincoln has replaced the 5.0-liter V-8 engine with its own version of Ford’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6. For the Navigator, Lincoln calibrated the engine to burn premium fuel for power output of 380 hp and 460 pounds-feet of torque. EPA-rated fuel economy is 16 mpg city, 22 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined.

• The Navigator is getting the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system for the first time. The Navigator comes with Lincoln Drive Control, a system that adjusts the ride to match road conditions via electronic sensors.

• The hood and split-wing grille have been restyled, and the Navigator gets a power liftgate.

Read more.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wings how much do you think it makes using regular fuel. Actually how much power do you think the Slade, qx80 etc lose when not running 93 octane???

·
Registered
456 Posts
Such a Sexy truck. Don't know how anyone with eyes could buy an Escalade over this.
Anyone with eyes? I would def say that's going alil overboard...Especially when you consider the fact that the Slade is a far newer appliance. The Navi has MAJOR advantages over the Slade (towing, seat configuration, fold flat, IRS) but none of those things will make a buyer in this segment choose it over a All new vehicle, with this being a vehicle that dates back 04 and more or less 1997. Your opinion may be your opinion but sale/ATPs arre FACTS, let's not confuse the two

·
Registered
717 Posts
Anyone with eyes? I would def say that's going alil overboard...Especially when you consider the fact that the Slade is a far newer appliance. The Navi has MAJOR advantages over the Slade (towing, seat configuration, fold flat, IRS) but none of those things will make a buyer in this segment choose it over a All new vehicle, with this being a vehicle that dates back 04 and more or less 1997. Your opinion may be your opinion but sale/ATPs arre FACTS, let's not confuse the two

Give it up already. It has nothing in common with any truck from 1997.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I think that Lincoln has to advertise this major advantages!
and not it doesn't look like a old vehicle :D

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2015 Navigator inventory now at 65, with 2014 model at over 1,700. Lincoln will need to kick production into high gear to build up enough 2015 model inventory for the new ad campaign.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How many times is this going to need to be said!? The current 'gator BASICALLY DATES BACK TO 2003. You can tell because the side panels are exactly the same, in 2007 and 2015 they just changed the face and the tailgate. In 2007, they did change the interior a bit, but kept the same basic "twin cowl" design, and in 2015 they changed the interior minimally and the dash still has the same basic shape.(And obviously throughout the years they changed some tech specs and engine stuff etc). But don't take my word for it, just look up the interior and exterior pics of a 2003, 2007, and 2015 and you'll see what I'm talking about. However, I do think it was good of them to put in the ecoboost in the 2015, though, so thats good. I had heard that the old v8 was a bit sluggish.

It will be interesting to see how they advertise this beleaguered beast, which I say somewhat endearingly.

PS: If you guys are going to say this truck doesn't look outdated, I better not hear a word from you about how the new volvo xc90 looks "plain" or "slab-sided"! :banghead:No double standard!

PPS(or is it PSS?): I PERSONALLY think the navi still looks okay, but I also understand that compared to its competition and most peoples point of view it seems outdated. Its fine if one personally likes it, but you're just being stupid if you think that in the real world people are actually going to favor it over the escalade. I wont deny that the gator has advantages in cargo and 3rd row seating, but lets face it, the type of people who buy these things, vain as they are, will favor gaudy looks over practicality.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
How many times is this going to need to be said!? The current 'gator BASICALLY DATES BACK TO 2003. You can tell because the side panels are exactly the same, in 2007 and 2015 they just changed the face and the tailgate. In 2007, they did change the interior a bit, but kept the same basic "twin cowl" design, and in 2015 they changed the interior minimally and the dash still has the same basic shape.(And obviously throughout the years they changed some tech specs and engine stuff etc). But don't take my word for it, just look up the interior and exterior pics of a 2003, 2007, and 2015 and you'll see what I'm talking about. However, I do think it was good of them to put in the ecoboost in the 2015, though, so thats good. I had heard that the old v8 was a bit sluggish.

It will be interesting to see how they advertise this beleaguered beast, which I say somewhat endearingly.

PS: If you guys are going to say this truck doesn't look outdated, I better not hear a word from you about how the new volvo xc90 looks "plain" or "slab-sided"! :banghead:No double standard!

PPS(or is it PSS?): I PERSONALLY think the navi still looks okay, but I also understand that compared to its competition and most peoples point of view it seems outdated. Its fine if one personally likes it, but you're just being stupid if you think that in the real world people are actually going to favor it over the escalade. I wont deny that the gator has advantages in cargo and 3rd row seating, but lets face it, the type of people who buy these things, vain as they are, will favor gaudy looks over practicality.
Hate to be a negative nancy about this but yes the platform did change in 2003 however a lot of the exterior was a carryover

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-

aside from door handles those doors look almost exactly the same look at the glass.

Interior has been an improvement I think almost every year though 2007 I feel could have been a lot better and 2015 was really just a carryover just adding leather and MLT

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
First: These big boxy SUV’s benefit very little from changing certain body panels, just as boxy vans benefit very little – and that is because of their function over form requirements. These are not sedans or coupes and given how few are sold anyway.

Second: They sell in extremely low niche volumes anyway. So complaining about a few extra years of carry-over for certain potential high$$$ changes that are low impact visually….is well, you know.

Third (and most importantly): I-N-T-E-R-I-M as they are already working hard on the replacement.

So this update was created concurrent to the work on all new Navi. They could have easily just left it alone for 2 more years, but instead they addressed the large impact areas for improvement and made a much improved product so that no Lincoln vehicle is seriously lacking.

It’s strange to me how in a Ford forum you would expect that last fact to be accentuated a bit more, instead of ignored.
Oh well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Motortrend online has a decent "First Drive" of the 2015 Navigator. The writer is impressed with the dramatically improved performance and especially likes the 2015 Navigator L. I think the writer believes this is a competent interim Navigator until it's replacement arrives! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
It’s strange to me how in a Ford forum you would expect that last fact to be accentuated a bit more, instead of ignored.
Oh well.
Wings I know this is directed at me... I am not I-G-N-O-R-I-N-G this fact. I know it is interim and I get that I am pointing out that the doors look pretty much the same as the 1997 model to go against what AON said about it not sharing anything from 1997 which isn't completely true. The biggest reason for this is like you said it is body on frame.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Give it up already. It has nothing in common with any truck from 1997.
Lol, are you serious? You are aware that the navi has NEVER had a clean sheet FULL redesign?, others have posted pics to prove this. The current vehicle, STILL has many components from the first Navi back in 1998, you may not want to believe that but facts are fact. Yes the 03 was mostly different from the 1st Gen, but almost all those changes were to the platform, and suspension. Almost every exterior panel including the entire bodyshell, door, windows, sigtlines were carried over from the 98 model and have not changed since, which is why I say that Navi sales will improve BUT they won't be stealing anything away from the Slade but it's an all new appliance with all new styling (controversial or not), and its no ones fault except fords. The Navi invented this segment basically, but just think about this for a sec; the Slade has had 4 vehicular generations will the navi has had 1.5, and I'm not harping on spoiled milk, just responding to someone who CLEARLY was unaware of what they were talking about...anyways, can't wait on comparison test

·
Registered
456 Posts
First: These big boxy SUV’s benefit very little from changing certain body panels, just as boxy vans benefit very little – and that is because of their function over form requirements. These are not sedans or coupes and given how few are sold anyway.

Second: They sell in extremely low niche volumes anyway. So complaining about a few extra years of carry-over for certain potential high$$$ changes that are low impact visually….is well, you know.

Third (and most importantly): I-N-T-E-R-I-M as they are already working hard on the replacement.

So this update was created concurrent to the work on all new Navi. They could have easily just left it alone for 2 more years, but instead they addressed the large impact areas for improvement and made a much improved product so that no Lincoln vehicle is seriously lacking.

Oh well.
First: Hey wings, we all know the '15 is a interim product, the respones abut it dating back to the 97 model was in response of someone saying that it doesn't, when it clearly does.
Second: these changes that you say don't effect anything CLEARLY do. The majority of the navi exterior is based on design tactics (huge greenhouse, heavy back end) that were prelevant in the 90s, which is why it was passed on attractiveness by the Slade and why it looks so dated. Once agan, the buyer in the segment is not so concerned about function, and that greatly shows, because the Navi has ALWAYS lead in the function arena.
Third: wings YOU may not think any of these things matter much, but the consumer for this segment clearly feels otherwise, and that directly correlates with the fact that the Slade has been completely redesigned THREE DIFFERENT TIMES in the time that the Navi has been getting refreshments of refreshments
Fourth: wings, do you know how much power engines typically lose when running 87 octane instead of 93???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hate to be a negative nancy about this but yes the platform did change in 2003 however a lot of the exterior was a carryover

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-

aside from door handles those doors look almost exactly the same look at the glass.

Interior has been an improvement I think almost every year though 2007 I feel could have been a lot better and 2015 was really just a carryover just adding leather and MLT

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-
Second gen still has the best looking exterior and interior. Look at that interior picture, it looks so upscale!

·
Registered
160 Posts
The second generation navigator maintains a credible interior and exterior. The design of that Navigator was very progressive when initially introduced.:joyous:

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
2nd gen is my absolute favorite too

I love the backlit instrument cluster too

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
true the 2nd gen is the most luxurious one although I like the current and 2015 model because of the L, the 2nd gen didn't have a L model

1 - 20 of 83 Posts