Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was shown as part of the MyFord Touch upgrades. In doing so, Ford has given us out first idea of the design of the 2013 Escape's interior. Looks very much like the Focus's, which is no surprise.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: First Glimpse at the 2013 Escape's Interior

My Ford Touch looks very simple and friendly. I dont understand why those complaints with the system...

·
Registered
330 Posts

they also released this YouTube vid with a few teases as well....

Keep in mind the dash is the same as the one in the C-Max/Grand C-Max so not really anything too new to see....with same style as the Focus, which is fine by me!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Youtube is blocked at work so I checked it out on my phone. No surpise is right but I have to say this interior is worlds better than the current interior

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Will the Escape be any wider than the Focus?

·
Registered
57 Posts

My Ford Touch looks very simple and friendly. I dont understand why those complaints with the system...
The complaints are for the current version, this is showing the upgraded version. Much much better I will say

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Will the Escape be any wider than the Focus?
The Vertrek concept wheelbase is listed as 5 inches wider then the Focus, and body width of the Vertrek is approximately 2 inches wider then the Focus.

The current Kuga is wder then the current Escape, so I would think it is safe to assume the next Escape will be wider then the Focus.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
2013 Escape's Interior: HAVE A SEAT...

getting into the details...

Ford unveils new seat design - DetroitNews
It must fit bottoms around the world
Alisa Priddle/ The Detroit News
The 2013 Ford Escape, to be unveiled next week at the Los Angeles Auto Show, is determined not to take a back seat to any vehicle when it comes to seat design.

When the new Escape goes on sale next spring, it will be the first vehicle equipped with Ford Motor Co.'s new front seat designed and engineered in-house for use around the world.

It is 3 pounds lighter, thinner, more cost-effective and designed to be more comfortable for drivers as they spend more time behind the wheel, said Mike Kolich, an engineer with the global seating comfort team that has 14 members worldwide.

Known as "F Gen II" (for second-generation seats for family vehicles), it is one of two front-seat structures to be used in all Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the future. The company will add more features to seats for Lincoln...

New 2013 Escape Launches Ford’s Innovative New Seats as Americans Drive Longer, Hurt More - Media.FORD.com
• With longer commutes causing American drivers to spend more time in their vehicles and have more back pain, comfortable seating is more important than ever
• The slimmer, lighter seats in the new 2013 Escape are one part of the overall weight reduction package in the vehicle, contributing to Ford’s goal to be the fuel economy leader
• Ford’s “Dr. Derriere,” Mike Kolich and his global seating comfort team use a unique seat carousel and a mannequin with an articulated back to help achieve industry-leading seat satisfaction; the team studies seats from other industries, including lawn chairs and high-end office chairs, in the quest to develop even smaller, lighter-weight seats
• The average driver spends 101 minutes per day on the road, with 50 percent of drivers reporting they experience lower back pain; back pain ranks second only to headaches as the most frequent cause of pain

much More...
all photos from Ford.wieck.com

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
2013 Escape's Interior & teaser videos

Tiny Cell Technology Wins Engineering Award, Helps Boost Fuel Economy in New Ford Escape - Media.FORD.com
• Ford named “Grand Award Winner” at the 2011 Society of Plastic Engineers “Most Innovative Use of Plastics Awards” competition for MuCell instrument panel innovation on the new Ford Escape
• The MuCell® process, invented at MIT and then developed for commercial use by Trexel, involves the highly controlled use of a gas such as CO2 or nitrogen in the injection-molding process, which creates a uniform microcellular material structure
• This is the first-time the MuCell process technology, which supports lightweighting and results in fuel savings, has been used in a vehicle’s instrument panel

More...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

screen capture:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts