·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ultimate Trim in the Ultimate Truck
FordInsideNews.com
April 6, 2012
By: Austin Rutherford

For the past decade and a half, truck makers have been selling higher levels of trucks to people who do not need them by offering trims that appeal to them. The new 2013 F-Series Super Duty is the next and perhaps best offering to this type of customer yet. This is the second vehicle carrying the trim after the F-Series F-150 launched for the 2009 model year.

Whereas the King Ranch is meant for rhinestone cowboys on a ranch, the Platinum is directly targeted at a street driver that needs the truck every so often.

This Platinum carries a satin metal finish grill that is exclusive to this trim. If you thought the lower trim grill gives the Super Duty presence, you have not seen anything yet. The grill and the chrome tow hooks gives this Super Duty the most “bling” on any Ford truck yet.

With chrome running rails, “Platinum” written on the side, and large chrome bar on the tailgate carry on the front end’s styling to the max. The wheels are chromed out and have retro styled “Ford” written in the center.

The entire range of the Super Duty has been updated with the center stack found in the Platinum. MyFord Touch is now offered, but has been updated for the truck to accommodate the feel of work gloves. The entire new look of the center console is a very big improvement over the last year’s model, which was rather slab-sided.

To cut it straight, the new Platinum is a way to offer truck buyers more options. In turn, Ford can count on this new trim to literally print money for the company.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow, utterly excessive to me. Gaudy to the Max. But WTH it's still capable of pulling damn near anything, so I know it's functional. Somehow I see a Donald Trump wannabe as the type of buyer LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts