Ford Inside News banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I think consumers have spoken very loudly as it relates to the new Mazda 3. It was already the worst selling compact in the US, and YTD sales are down an additional 17% at 24k(8k per month) YTD, barely able to sell over 10k units in it's best month for March. By comparison the aging Focus is down 16% (51k YTD)with sales at about 24k for March.

The 6 has had a 17% sales increase YTD and is still the worst selling midsize sedan. But that is just 12k YTD and selling just 5k units for March. Compared with the Fusion down -3.7% but at 77k YTD and 32k for March.

Mazda missed the mark in several ways with the 3. The nose/hood is too long which creates an uncomfortable parking situation for many females who drive this class of vehicle. Then huge smily face grill is a bit embarrassing. And the pop up navigation that seems an afterthought, is a attractive break hazard for anyone with small children in the compact class. It seems Mazda designed the car for the empty nester, when the class is driven by adults with small children. The 6 is a similar story.

I have to think that if Mazda stuck with the rotary engine, they would have something the other Japanese brands didn't offer, which would set them apart even with a quirky design.

Mazda has lost their way in styling IMO. That is not an easy position to find yourself in. I actually think they are in dire straights given the onslaught of same or better product offering attractive style.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
So I guess Frankfurt / LA debut for facelifted C-Max, eh?
My guess for the EU C-Max face lift reveal will be Frankfurt or Paris.

Regarding the new Mazda3, if only all those gushing journalists would put their money were their
months are, then Mazda would be selling at least another 100 units.:lmao:

With all the changes Ford has done to the face lift Focus, aka suspension tuning, better electric steering calibrations, and a not so intrusive traction control system, I think the Focus will still be the bench mark for
driving appeal.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
The Beautiful 2015 Ford Focus

(I would like to see a trim option for a chrome piece across the hatch going around the Ford logo.)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts