Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may or may not know I am a regional IT manager for my company and this past week we had an emergency in Missoula, MT which required I fly out immediately. Since its A) Missoula and B) last second they had me fly out on the corporate jet with a few other IT managers and my boss out of Daytona. What an experience! I must be doing something right.

Reactions: badhac

·
Registered
866 Posts
As some of you may or may not know I am a regional IT manager for my company and this past week we had an emergency in Missoula, MT which required I fly out immediately. Since its A) Missoula and B) last second they had me fly out on the corporate jet with a few other IT managers and my boss out of Daytona. What an experience! I must be doing something right.

Be careful Andrew. I'm a retired corporate pilot. My company would have not been happy if I published a photo of the corporate aircraft on social media.

During the financial crisis, the big 3 was summoned to the White House and they all arrived in their corporate jets. BAD OPTICS! Ford had to shut down its corporate flight department because of the public backlash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fly part 91 & 135 for a charter/management company. Most all of our pilots and most from other companies I know have only flown private jets, going to the airlines is a life journey because it's all about seniority there as opposed to the private world where being at the right place at the right time can make the difference. Flying charter won't get you as high of a salary compared to the 91 jobs but we still do fine. My schedule is just fine, I work about 12-14 days per month and am home most every night, though that is because of the aircraft I fly and the company knowing that being newly married, I prefer to do days trip instead of a 5 day stretch in Vegas ( a place I despise). Our clients are top notch and if they don't respect us our boss has been known to drop them snaptube vidmate because of that. I have the final word on every flight as captain, file my own flight plans and work with scheduling when there is a weather issue or something else that might affect us completing the mission. The bottom line is this, for me it's a job, it's a good once that allows me to enjoy a good life outside of work and that is what matters to me most!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts