Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEARBORN, Oct. 12, 2007 (FCN) -- The quality of Ford Motor Company vehicles continues its climb, soaring above the industry's rate of improvement in "Things Gone Wrong" (TGWs) in the third quarter U.S. Global Quality Research System (GQRS) study.

Mercury Milan was among the company vehicles ranked best in segment The company improved by 11 percent versus last year, while the report's average industry-wide improvement rate was 2 percent. Plus, 16 Ford Motor Company models ranked in the report's top three places for customer satisfaction, TGW performance -- or both -- after three months in service.
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, Mercury Milan, Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Mark LT ranked best in their respective segments. Ten Ford models outperformed their competition, traditionally the best in class.

Ford's newly launched vehicles -- Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Navigator L -- held their places among strong customer satisfaction performers. Meanwhile, Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ turned solid performances for the quarter, maintaining their high quality levels since launching late 2004.

"It's great to see that Ford Motor Company has improved at a faster rate than the rest of the industry," said Bennie Fowler, vice president, Quality, Ford Motor Company. "Almost every vehicle line that we have has shown significant improvement in TGWs as well as customer satisfaction. Quality is the ultimate team sport, and I want to thank all of the teams for their hard work. We look forward to 2008 in our run to the number-one position."

The 2007 third quarter U.S. GQRS study, conducted for Ford by RDA Group, asks customers of all major makes and models to comment on vehicle trouble and rate their overall satisfaction with their three-month-old vehicles.

Second- and third-place winners for TGW performance and customer satisfaction include:

Second place:
Mustang (Base) -- TGW
Explorer 4-Door -- TGW
Navigator L -- TGW and Satisfaction
Mustang Shelby GT500 -- Satisfaction
Super Duty -- Satisfaction Third place:
Fusion -- TGW
Mountaineer -- TGW
Super Duty -- TGW
F-150 -- TGW
Navigator -- TGW and Satisfaction
Expedition EL -- Satisfaction
Mazda CX-9 -- Satisfaction

In the report, Ford Motor Company vehicles are at 1,405 TGWs, representing 181 fewer TGWs since last year. The company's lineup achieved an overall customer satisfaction rating of 76 percent, up by 2 percentage points.

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury brands broke the 1,400 TGW mark with an impressive performance at 1,395 TGWs, an improvement of 168 TGWs; and a customer satisfaction rate of 76 percent, up by 3 percentage points.

Volvo vehicles are at 1,460 TGWs, an improvement of 87 TGWs, and a customer satisfaction rate of 78 percent. Jaguar vehicles are at 1,509 TGWs, an improvement of 48 TGWs, and a customer satisfaction rate of 82 percent. Land Rover is at 1,704 TGWs, an improvement of 501 TGWs, and a customer satisfaction rate of 76 percent. Mazda vehicles are at 1,815 TGWs, representing an improvement of 90 TGWs, and a customer satisfaction rate of 74 percent. The survey average for TGW performance is 1,480 and for customer satisfaction level is 77 percent.

The third quarter GQRS report is the latest of several quality assessments showing Ford’s improvement in 2007. Ford received 14 total vehicles ranked in the top three in their respective segments, including five highest-ranked segment awards, in J.D. Power and Associates IQS study released on June 6. Many of those vehicles were recently launched.

On June 28, J.D. Power and Associates APEAL study ranked Ford Edge the industry's top performing all-new vehicle and Ford Mustang won its segment for the third straight year.

U.S. News & World Report ranked nine Ford Motor Company models among the top three in their respective segments in its list of 2007 Best Cars and Trucks.

The Ford Expedition EL was recognized as a Total Quality Award winner in Strategic Vision's 2007 Total Quality Index.

The Lincoln MKX and four other Ford Motor Company vehicles earned AutoPacific 2007 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards as segment leaders.

In April and July, RDA Group released quarterly GQRS reports showing Ford in a statistical dead heat with Toyota and just behind Honda.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: FoMoCo Quality Climbs Again

here's a nother article
Ford narrows gap in quality with its Asian rivals
Bryce G. Hoffman / The Detroit News
<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td><b>Automaker</b> </td><td><b>2007</b> </td><td><b>2006</b> </td></tr><tr><td>Ford</td><td>1,395</td><td>1,563</td></tr><tr><td>Toyota</td><td>1,381</td><td>1,396</td></tr><tr><td>Honda</td><td>1,334</td><td>1,443</td></tr></tbody></table>
<i>Note: Ford includes Lincoln, Mercury; Toyota includes Lexus, Scion; Honda includes Acura</i> <br> <i>Source: RDA Group</i>

"That was a difference of just 1 percent, within the survey's margin of error."
(underlining by 2b2)

considering the difference is now within statistical error, I'd replace "narrows" in headline:
"Ford: NO MEASUREABLE NOR MEANINGFUL GAP IN QUALITY"

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Quality:

Toyota=Ford
Toyota-Scion-Lexus=Ford-Mercury-Linconl

Why buy Japanese?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
^How is this allowed to be posted on here, lol?
forgive us, this is a rare case of a spammer that was able to evade our screening process. They probably hit this website first and used a very mainstream email, such that no online spam tracking site had them on record.
My heart goes out to those folks caught in that world of exploitation and degradation. Really sad indeed.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It will take time for perceptions to change. I for one would not be caught dead in an import. GM and Ford only. Chrysler needs to pull up its socks.
I totally agree with you. I have driven a Geo Prizm before I bought my Focus, but other than that, Fords only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts