Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just got back from my college class and had a blast at NAIAS documenting all the cool cars for Fomoconews readers. I went up and down the whole show trying to photograph as many cool, unique, and concept cars as I can. Due to the sheer volume of photos there is a 56k warning (i'll try and space them out) enjoy and as mentioned it was alot of fun shooting all of these photos

more to come :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Those Saleen's rock.
Will we see more Ford Images? I can hardly wait for the images. Meanwhile is GM on a role or what.

I saw the coupe CTS and it easily cremes anything from Europe in the looks department. Its simply stunning in person.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those Saleen's rock.
Will we see more Ford Images? I can hardly wait for the images. Meanwhile is GM on a role or what.

I saw the coupe CTS and it easily cremes anything from Europe in the looks department. Its simply stunning in person.
there will be some good ford ones coming up the parental authority is looking at a new car and spent a whole hour looking at equinoxes (thats why there's so many GM pics)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I thought GM's "Volt Dancers" were perhaps the dumbest advertising idea I have ever seen. That was the case until these guys came along. I guess they were professional barbershop music singers toyota found and had them sing a song touting their new sienna minivan. I couldn't believe my ears and the song was very corny and annoying

The "booth woman" for the Acadia Denali in these next few was an interesting individual. She stated that the Enclave and the Denali were diffrent because and i quote "because the Enclave has more ovolid styling wheras the acadia has more blocky styling and GM put some bling on it)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's Ford (probably the busiest and the most interactive exhibit at the show)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inside of the Fiesta sedan. Great interior quality but the legroom was a bit of a disappointment especially in the backseat for tall folks (454 is over 6ft tall and he couldn't get comfortable)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you any more of just the interactive stands at Ford/Lincoln/Mercury?
unfortunately I don't. They were very popular with visitors and I couldn't get a good shot of any of them because there were so many folks gathered around trying them out

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
What is your detailed opinion of the Focus in person?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

the new V6 model with the 3.7 liter V6 (sorry for the blurriness in some of these my cameras focus feature sometimes acts up)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is your detailed opinion of the Focus in person?
I like it alot better than the current version on sale (they had a current one on display near the fiestas). The interior looked great as well (from my viewing angle the improvement in interior materials was noticeable). The front end looked a bit too busy but again it's much better than the current focus. However my one complaint is the rear styling on the focus hatch (the big taillights look oversized and out of place when viewed in person.) The sedan looked good as well and unlike the hatch both the front and rear styling was balanced and didn't look disproportionate to the rest of the styling

I'll be posting cars from the asians, chrysler, and the Europeans in this thread tomorrow so stay tuned

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and some quick pics of the GMC granite concept (I forgot to add them by mistake)

as mentioned in my last post i'll add cars from chrysler, the euro makes, and the asians tommorow so stay tuned

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Focus looks great! Makes the Fiesta front ends look 10 years old already.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yet another "Booth Woman" blunder here at the Subaru hybrid tourer exhibit the woman pictured said it had a "Hybrid CVT engine". A second model off camera tapped her on the leg and she quickly corrected herself in saying it had a CVT transmission but needless to say there were a few chuckles from the crowd at her blunder

·
Registered
54 Posts
What did you think of the XTS? I've heard from many people that you have to really look at the car in person to appreciate it. Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
What did you think of the XTS? I've heard from many people that you have to really look at the car in person to appreciate it. Your thoughts?
I'd like to know too
imho Cadillac's recent/current styling has to really be studied to appreciate all the nuances...
...had no idea how interesting the sculpting of the XTS's trunk was until I saw this photo
< click or scroll up for big

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd like to know too
imho Cadillac's recent/current styling has to really be studied to appreciate all the nuances...
...had no idea how interesting the sculpting of the XTS's trunk was until I saw this photo
< click or scroll up for big

It looks great in photos but it's best appreciated when seen in person. Hopefully the production XTS won't lose too much in the translation from conecpt to production form

1 - 20 of 24 Posts