Ford Inside News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota’s average incentive spending surged 31 percent to $2,068 a vehicle, excluding its Lexus brand, while Honda’s gained 36 percent to $2,005 in the first nine months of 2010, according to industry researcher TrueCar.com in Santa Monica, California. Hyundai Motor Co. spent 37 percent less for its namesake brand, and General Motors Co. lowered incentives 14 percent for the Buick and Cadillac brands.

Ford Motor Co.’s Lincoln brand spent the most per vehicle at $5,170 during the first nine months, while Toyota’s Scion brand was the lowest among the 18 brands at $767.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...-incentives-surge-as-hyundai-gm-cut-back.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ford's Lincoln MKZ sedan now sells for 20 percent more after a minor freshening for 2010 that included fuel economy improvements. Its average selling price is now $38,562, up more than $6,400 over the 2009 MKZ.

·
Registered
401 Posts
According to the Lincoln's monthly sales , I think the MKS is the most incentivized vehicle and glad that the Town Car will be around for another year :) .

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
According to the Lincoln's monthly sales , I think the MKS is the most incentivized vehicle and glad that the Town Car will be around for another year :) .
the current MKS is a nice car, it is too bad it is not selling better, that said tho the new MKS can't get here fast enough

·
Registered
401 Posts
the current MKS is a nice car, it is too bad it is not selling better, that said tho the new MKS can't get here fast enough
I couldn't agree with you more but the luxury auto market is a tough market :( .

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ & ^^ the MKS is also the oldest-unchanged MkLincoln too, isn't it?

Ford's Lincoln MKZ sedan now sells for 20 percent more after a minor freshening for 2010 that included fuel economy improvements. Its average selling price is now $38,562, up more than $6,400 over the 2009 MKZ.
Thanks for pointing out a very if not THE Most Important change, autodriver

I didn't know the MKZ & mkZAP were succeeding so well in that parameter
which (price)
is sooo crucial for my view of Lincoln's needed direction. One more update like that ( = $45k ) and Lincoln will be darn close to my $50k-$99K ideal price range

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
^ & ^^ the MKS is also the oldest-unchanged MkLincoln too, isn't it?

Thanks for pointing out a very if not THE Most Important change, autodriver

I didn't know the MKZ & mkZAP were succeeding so well in that parameter
which (price)
is sooo crucial for my view of Lincoln's needed direction. One more update like that ( = $45k ) and Lincoln will be darn close to my $50k-$99K ideal price range
MKS last update was in 2008 when it was introduced
Navigator last update was in 2007
Town Car last update was in 2003

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
^ sorry, that's why I said "MkLincoln" - to omit the TC & Navi
( think I'm having more trouble than usual today in saying things clearly :yikes: maybe it's time for a nap )
Sorry, you were right, I was just including the Navi and TC just for reference ;)

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I would be worried if it was Ford leading in incentives. Right now Lincoln's volume is too low to be relevant.

I'd like to see Ford v. Chevy and Toyota numbers, since there is where the volume is and where the incentive become burdensome cash drains. Ford's profits doubled GM's last quarterly report and is reportedly doing it again in the upcoming reports, so I wouldn't worry excessively about any of this.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Mullaly, please, kill the MK S rigth now. This car is not reaching the customers expectations and is a black hole in the Ford line up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts