Ford Inside News banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
So if the above plays out we can expect to see a concept for the next generation MKC this auto show season?
Honestly it will probably just be a refresh to put the new grille on it so no concept unless it will be on a new platform.

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Honestly it will probably just be a refresh to put the new grille on it so no concept unless it will be on a new platform.
Per the timeline 2b2 posted the 2018 MKC is a redesign whereas the 2019 MKX is a refresh and the 2019 MKZ is a redesign. Given that, if accurate, it'll be the next gen car, not a MCE.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
With the upcoming all new MKC, I wonder what direction Lincoln will go with the top sellers about double the sales of the MKC. Remain more upright and taller like current MKC, RDX and NX, or more wagon-ish like the GLC and Q5.

MB GLC

Lexus NX

Audi Q5

The #1 selling RDX

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Has there been any speculation as to whether Lincoln will add vehicles to the portfolio besides what there already is (excluding Lincstang)? As it stands we are at 6 vehicles, is there room for more or a market for more?

MKC
MKX
MKT-Aviator (this being a direct replacement)
MKZ
Continental
Navigator

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
With this Lincoln Coupe rumor making rounds again, does anyone think that the usual vision of a Coupe is not the usual Coupe style vehicle but the new Coupe such as the new MB GLE Coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
With this Lincoln Coupe rumor making rounds again, does anyone think that the usual vision of a Coupe is not the usual Coupe style vehicle but the new Coupe such as the new MB GLE Coupe
I really really hope not, these SUV "coupes" have to be the ugliest vehicles ever made.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Has there been any speculation as to whether Lincoln will add vehicles to the portfolio besides what there already is (excluding Lincstang)? As it stands we are at 6 vehicles, is there room for more or a market for more?

MKC
MKX
MKT-Aviator (this being a direct replacement)
MKZ
Continental
Navigator
there's speculation about other/more models in the Mission
2b2-in-STARstang-thread said:
but without going into ALL of them // for just the STARstang(s)
- coupe-cabrio
- sportsedan
- sportbrake
and
don't see why not a jacked up SSuvlet, think ½&½ StangRaptor >> imho Mercedes is wrong about smaller vehicles / BMW is lost and living off reputation;
my main rant is for a Macan-ish Lincoln (which I consider the new family sedan for those who can) and VW criminality might drag Porsche down....
@badhac , now-imho, it depends if Fomoco wants Lincoln to be more than a "specialty" brandlet - as I copied&posted somewhere recently

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
So if the above plays out we can expect to see a concept for the next generation MKC this auto show season?
I don't know if we'll see it this year, but for sure next year if it doesn't surprise us with a thinly-veiled "concept" this year. Remember, they have the production Navigator to reveal this year too.....though I suppose they did surprise us with the MKZ refresh's debut before production Conti, so it's possible!

MKC will skip a refresh and go straight for a redesign. This is because it launched so late in Escape/C2's lifecycle. The current escape debuted for 2013, and got a refresh for 2017, replacement in 2019 (4 years pre-refresh + 2 years post-refresh for a 6 year total cycle), whereas MKC debuted for 2015 and will also be redesigned for 2019MY, so it'll just go 4 years with the current look and be replaced by the Conti-esque styled model on the new C3 platform.

MKX is the one that will just be a refresh (also for 2019) to the new grille, so the split wing will be gone by 2018CY.

---

Thinking about the above more, with a redesigned MKC launching for the 2019MY, the production model will have to be released at the CY2018 shows. Now, if they follow the concept (year 1) -> production (year 2) debut cycle Lincoln has followed with every new vehicle since the original MKC concept in 2014, that WOULD point toward an MKC concept at one of THIS year's shows in addition to the production Navigator.

Extrapolating further, we could potentially see an Aviator concept in CY2018, with production debut in CY2019 as a 2020 model. That would give them a concept or production model debut every year from 2012-2020 (and I could extend further).

---

I'll try to put it in chart form to make more sense haha.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
This is how I see the Lincoln line-up panning out....

MKC
MKX
Aviator | Aviator Sport
Navigator | Navigator L

New C-Segment Sedan (Gas or Electric to compete with Model 3)
New (RWD)MKZ | New (RWD)MKZ Coupe (both share modified architecture with New Electrified Mustang)
New New (RWD)Continental (Gas, PHEV or EV)
New (RWD)Large Sedan (Gas or PHEV)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So outside the current portfolio and the impending Aviator to replace the MKT I do think there is room to expand the lineup.

1. I would love to see a Continental Mark 9 Coupe, with a roof line similar (not exact) to the Rolls Wraith
2. A CUV to slot below the MKC in regards to size, something to take on the X1
3. A C-size car, smaller than the MKZ (which i think will grow a bit with next gen). This needs to have gas, hybrid, and electric drivetrains.
4. A mid or fullsize pure electric car, something with a little swoopier styling. Nothing says "Quiet Luxury" like an electric car.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Also both Ford and Lincoln need to have all models on modular platforms, where the same vehicle can be gas, PHEV or (200+ or 300+ mile) EV. As the auto industry moves to EVs(the new norm), this is the only way they can compete, and not be overtaken by the many EV start-ups coming now and in the next few years.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Bloggin, what is your proposed difference between your "Aviator" and "Aviator Sport?"

---

I think the Wraith's roofline is ugly and easily the worst element of the vehicle, but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think the Wraith's roofline is ugly and easily the worst element of the vehicle, but to each his own.
Don't want it to be exactly like the Wraith, but want that sloping roofline. A Continental would need to have real presence to attract customers.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
This is how I see the Lincoln line-up panning out....
MKC
MKX
Aviator | Aviator Sport
Navigator | Navigator L
New C-Segment Sedan ... (Gas?) Hybrid and Plug-In and Electric to compete with Model 3)
New (RWD)MKZ | New (RWD)MKZ Coupe (both share modified architecture with New Electrified Mustang)
New New (RWD)Continental (Gas, PHEV or EV)
New (RWD)Large Sedan (Gas or PHEV)
a FORD eStang I don't see for 10 years or more (gotta kill off us boomers first)
but a Lincoln? As-soon-as-they-want
:toetap:
...I do think there is room to expand the lineup.
1. I would love to see a Continental Mark 9 Coupe, with a roof line similar (not exact) to the Rolls Wraith...
years&years ago had a convo elsewhere about Conti-siblings
- one a stately sedan
- the other much more sporty but still a 4-door - sorta CLS & now, sorta Panamera
( proposed "Constellation" as Name )
now I have very mixed feelings about more "cars" larger than the current MKZ ... other than Conti

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't think there needs to be too many large cars simply because the market isn't there. Still think there could be success to be had with a fullsize coupe. The market for fullsize luxury couples entails 3 stupid priced vehicles; S-Class, Continental GT, and Wrath. Do a Mark IX and could be ballin on a budget (still a big budget, but less than the others).

201 - 218 of 218 Posts