Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
There is not a red Focus. is a red Fusion.... i think, by the silhouette of the covered car, that is a completly new one... not a Fusion...
Fusion gets a refresh for MY2017, so it wouldn't be uncovered. That's why the car that's covered is expected to be the 2017 Fusion Energi.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
I see that the blue Focus Electric is plugged in, but dont see a plug on the red Focus. So wondering if its a hybrid. Corolla is coming with a hybrid also.

hybrid with new updated hybrid drivetrain/new upgraded battery packs/new Hybrid EcoModes, etc.

A Focus hybrid (sedan) would take the place of the C-Max Hybrid(Ford is only sending the C-Max Energi to China and Europe), offering better aerodynamics and better mpg.

And if that is the case, the new vehicle could be the 200mile EV to compete with the Bolt coming early next year.

Waiting for next teaser......

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Overlaid a current Fusion over the covered car. It is a Fusion. Will post pics later.
Yes...it's a Fusion. I think what we were talking about is the uncovered red Focus between the Focus electric and C-Max.

But after looking at the larger HD image of the 4 vehicles, there does seem to be a charge port on the red Focus(nothing plugged in), that's NOT a Focus Electric, as we can tell by the front end. So it does look like there will be a Focus Energi coming. Which makes sense, as there also seems to be the launch of the New Dedicated Hybrid launching at the same time.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Here it is! And no @Bloggin a few people were speculating that this is an all-new nameplate/product. I'm replying to that notion. The angles aren't 100% perfect, but it's proof enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the red vehicle, it's a Fusion, not a Focus. The headlights are a dead giveaway.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
2 OR's
-- a new designed4electro architecture MAY enable the needed flexibility
(should Any Mfg develoP one :angel)
-- wonder if the long-wlb CAFE loophole will make it more likely for mfgs to require new architecture to be flexible that way too?
+ longer wlb might easily accommodate more (modular) batteries
= so longer wlb & more battery for higher tier vehicles
Interesting observation. I see what you mean about longer wheelbases and CAFE rules. Prius lift back moved from compact to midsize in the last new model, which I am sure helps Toyota with their CAFE numbers for midsize cars.

Honda just stretched the Civic, so wonder if they are doing the same.

Whenever we see what this new vehicle actually is from the end of the NAIAS video, if it's electrified, it may be on a longer wheelbase also.

But we will see. Ford does not offer up much info no anything in the works, so all we can do is have fun with guessing, imagining what could be, until Ford gives up the goods. Because no one knows either way until then.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Here it is! And no @Bloggin a few people were speculating that this is an all-new nameplate/product. I'm replying to that notion. The angles aren't 100% perfect, but it's proof enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the red vehicle, it's a Fusion, not a Focus. The headlights are a dead giveaway.
Nice overlay. Yep...already sorted out that it's a Fusion under the cover. MY2017 refreshed Energi model.

Which would make it odd for the uncovered red 'car' in the lineup for NAIAS between the C-Max and Focus Electric to be a Fusion...if the MY2017 Fusion is being refreshed....and why it's covered on the right.

I suspect that we will know for sure in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nice overlay. Yep...already sorted out that it's a Fusion under the cover. MY2017 refreshed Energi model.

Which would make it odd for the uncovered red 'car' in the lineup for NAIAS between the C-Max and Focus Electric to be a Fusion...if the MY2017 Fusion is being refreshed....and why it's covered on the right.

I suspect that we will know for sure in a few weeks.
I feel like they're just trying to make the picture look like they have a more diverse electric/hybrid lineup than they do.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I was sorta thinking that...making it look like more
but
*IS* the red car a Fusion like I assumed?

the HLs just don't look the same as Fusion + the hood sculpting seems different too, with more sweep Over the wheelarea
OR
have I just had the wrong amount of eggnog?
&

sorta wondering if that^ could be a Concept Not-Unrelated to the future Ranger/Bronco? or Courier?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

ya know...
that could be that OTHER car I've been speculation about...

CD3+4 or a Concept for cD6 = dunno
Well, it does have a similar wide flatfish hood, and headlights seem to match. Now wouldn't that be a real kick if the New Taurus returned as a Energi model. lol

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Well, it does have a similar wide flatfish hood, and headlights seem to match. Now wouldn't that be a real kick if the New Taurus returned as a Energi model. lol
OR ... something on the same 'platform/'chassis'?

lightened and gray-scaled to prevent distortions:

&
I'll just leave this here for no particular reason :angel

@joseodiaga4

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Big fan of standard LED headlights, looks like Ford is one of the automakers leading the charge on that with standard LEDs in the Explorer as well. Too bad Escape didn't get them. Toyota and Honda are also on the LED kick with the Corolla featuring them as standard and Honda deploying them on all their new models (Accord has the nicest looking headlights I've seen in this segment).

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
speculation from BON

The 6 existing models:
Focus EV
C-Max hybrid
C-Max Energi PHEV
Fusion hybrid
Fusion Energi PHEV
MKZ hybrid

13 new ones (just my guess - basically, all the C and CD platform vehicles):
Focus hybrid (may get its own unique model name)
Focus Energi PHEV (may get its own unique model name)
Escape hybrid
Escape Energi PHEV
Edge hybrid
Edge Energi PHEV
MKZ PHEV
MKC hybrid
MKC PHEV
MKX hybrid
MKX PHEV
Transit Connect hybrid
Transit Connect Energi

·
Registered
500 Posts
........................Fusion will need to make some significant advances to be competitive, although those advances were not announced alongside the MKZ Hybrid which is curious. You have to be a little insane to buy the Fusion Energi with the Volt around for the same money with many more times the range.
Having a Volt, and just turning in our Fusion.............

One is a compact and the other a well-sized midsize; as a commuter car the Volt is better, as a family car, the Fusion is, really depends on an individuals primary and secondary needs.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I feel like they're just trying to make the picture look like they have a more diverse electric/hybrid lineup than they do.
That could be part of it....but also, I think part of it is to do exactly what's happened here and other forums. To get people wondering what it is. If the red Fusion weren't there, it'd be more obvious what it is. But now the red Fusion is there, now you're like wait a minute....they have Fusion already in the picture, what could this be under the cover?

But yes, it's a Fusion.

41 - 60 of 346 Posts