Ford Inside News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sep 1, 2015 | Dearborn, Mich.

•Ford Motor Company total U.S. sales up 5 percent – the best August performance in nine years
• Ford F-Series sells above the 70,000-truck mark for the first time this year; F-Series retail sales up 15 percent; commercial vans up 70 percent – best August sales since 1994
•Ford brand SUVs reach best August sales in 12 years, with all-new Ford Edge up 36 percent and new Ford Explorer up 22 percent

•Ford Mustang sales up 70 percent – the best August performance since 2007

• Lincoln sales increase 6 percent, providing the brand with the best August performance in seven years

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 1, 2015 – Ford Motor Company delivered its best August U.S. sales in nine years on strong demand for new cars, SUVs and trucks. Sales totaled 234,237 vehicles, a 5 percent increase.

“Customer demand for our newest vehicles made August a strong month for Ford,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Improved availability helped make August the strongest sales month this year for F-Series. We also had our best month of Ford SUV sales in 12 years.”

F-Series delivered its best August sales results since 2006, with total sales of 71,332 – a 5 percent increase in sales versus a year ago. F-150 EcoBoost sales also have been growing, representing 63 percent of F-150 retail sales in August and an 86 percent increase versus EcoBoost sales a year ago.

Ford van sales continued to gain in August with 18,081 vehicles sold, a 70 percent increase. This represents Ford’s best August van performance since 1994 – driven primarily by the all-new Transit, which totaled 10,263 vehicles sold, and a record August Transit Connect sales month of 3,995 vehicles.

Ford’s newest SUVs also saw sales gains, with Edge and Explorer up 36 percent and 22 percent, respectively. This helped drive a 12 percent increase in Ford brand SUV sales, for a total of 69,077 vehicles sold. This represents the best August sales performance for the Ford brand SUV lineup since 2003.

Mustang sales increased 70 percent compared with a year ago, with sales of 9,997 vehicles, marking its best August performance since 2007.

Lincoln sales increased 6 percent versus a year ago – the luxury brand’s best August results in seven years. The new Navigator posted a 79 percent increase, while Lincoln MKC sales increased 37 percent.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2015/09/01/august2015sales.pdf
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/09/01/august2015sales.html

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: Strong Demand for New Products Boosts Ford August U.S. Sales to Best Levels in 9

Sales Chart:

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: Strong Demand for New Products Boosts Ford August U.S. Sales to Best Levels in 9

Interesting month:

The Mustang is selling like ice cream at a primary school's gate...

The Explorer is the 4th in sales at Ford .... and is growning with each month (remember when the Explorer was the 2nd selling nameplate behing F series?)

The Escape is selling well...despite the new Edge is selling very well too

The F series is reaching the full inventary and the sales are in the normal level for this vehicle. The ecoboost is almost 70% of the units sold!

Lincoln depends on the Navigator and MKC for the growning sales.... the rest of the line is down.

P.S.: nobody want to buy compacts cars and vans... that is why Focus and C Max are selling soo poor.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

So the MKX is down 14% after one month? Was last month the result of a fire sale on outgoing old models? Thats a real head scratcher.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

Go F-150! Over 70k, that's fantastic! It has almost closed the YTD gap, next month for sure.
Ford CUVs over 60,000 units, that's huge. Nice chunk of change there. Explorer at 20k is amazing, double the Traverse BTW!
Guess MKX is still ramping up? Was really hoping it would help Lincoln get to 100,000 this year.
Transit over 10k, love seeing Ford rewarded for that smart introduction into the US lineup.
Navigator will double in 2015, most profitable refresh of the year?
I think I called MKZ, MKC, and MKX all at 3,000 this month, oops!
Mustang over 100k this year, excellent, well-deserved performance. Curious to hear global numbers.

I love these charts, especially when there are some bright points like this!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

^^ That's what I think SP1966, I think it was more of the outgoing MKX's vs the newer ones, until inventory builds, this is what I expect for the MKX for the next month or so.

It's amazing how the MKC and Navigator have kept Lincoln in the black this past year and late last year. Lincoln definitely needs to increase it's cuv/suv options since this where the market is heading.

·
Registered
500 Posts

So the MKX is down 14% after one month? Was last month the result of a fire sale on outgoing old models? Thats a real head scratcher.
The MKX number is going to be a bit "muddy" for several months; still building 2016's, selling-off 2015's - Probably best to just look at the YTD; combining MKC and MKX.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

http://wardsauto.com/sales-marketing/little-mustang-lot-trucks-ford-s-august-sales-report

A higher percentage than normal of F-150s is being allocated to retail – about 80% of the mix in August, compared with a more typical 60%-65%. That’s one reason the automaker is bullish about chances for a strong finish to the year, believing it still has considerable fleet demand to fill.

Ford says it ended the month with 90,000 F-150s in stock, better than May and June levels, but still relatively low at a 55-day supply. A year ago, there were 173,000 F-150s in the pipeline as the automaker stockpiled units in preparation for the extensive changeover to the new model.

Also leading the charge are utility vehicles, which Ford says combined for 74,590 units in the month, up 12.3% by volume from like-2014. Inventories are turning fast on the Edge (20 days), Explorer (16 days) and ’16-model Escape (16 days), the automaker reports.

The month ended with only a 38-day supply of SUV/CUVs in stock, Ford officials say.

“Utility vehicles are hot,” notes Mark LaNeve, vice president-U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “We performed incredibly well almost across the board.”

Mustang is another hot seller, with deliveries up 76.6% overall and pacing 106% ahead of prior year for all of 2015 in California. “People really are telling us they love this design,” LaNeve says.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

^^ That's what I think SP1966, I think it was more of the outgoing MKX's vs the newer ones, until inventory builds, this is what I expect for the MKX for the next month or so...
yup :thumb:

...It's amazing how the MKC and Navigator have kept Lincoln in the black this past year and late last year. Lincoln definitely needs to increase it's cuv/suv options since this where the market is heading.
yup² :thumb:²

it seems to me:
-- practically every sales headline lately has mentioned "Demand for New Product" as the reason for success
&
-- DUH!!
s'why I keep ranting to grow Lincoln's lineup ...ASAP

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The Escape probably could surpass the CR-V if Ford could produce enough of them. Hopefully that plant will get expanded soon.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

2015 MKX inventory was very light this month so the fire-sale from the previous month cleared the deck for the 2016 which is still in short supply with a constrained selection, but it's filling up quickly now (I watch it daily). I'm also one of those people with an MKX order that was delayed from July to September for unknown issues. I'm told there are holds on the MKX for unspecified reasons. I suspect that this is hampering the launch of MKX but cars are still rolling in, many of which seem to lack the glass roof. Ford is actually buying back thousands of early 2015 Edges from dealerships to fix the water leak defect and reissuing them to the company fleet (this happens allot with defective or damaged builds...like the hailstorm Escapes that hampered the launch of the car or the defective vista roofs on the 2013 MKZs at launch).

MKC is seeing a lift because of incentivized 2015s with an enormous glut of 2016s already filling the lots. Compared to the MKX, the 2016 MKC seemed to launch and fill lots overnight.

That's the problem with any new product, you are probably going to run into problems either as an owner or as a potential customer.

2015 Edges are absolutely everywhere now and have been flying off the lots around here now that they have some incentives and decent lease pricing. Also seeing quite a few of the new Explorers on the road but all the black plastic and boxier shapes just make the new Explorer look cheaper and older, the car has lost much that alluring premium slickness that I think made the previous one such a breakout hit...unless you spring for the Platinum :)

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

MKC is doing a bit better but can't pass 3K units.....and the SRX sold 6K :facepalm:
Not sure why lincoln takes soo much time but the X is down....I know that this happened before (inventory problems) but come on!, small numbers!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

^
C + X + T = 4,459 Aug / 32,208 YTD
---SRX--- = 6,903 Aug / 43,863 YTD

tho imho there are Lots of qualifiers
(my fave is that Lincoln is STILL selling 1-of-2 MOLDY LEFTcrossOVERS {+ the S temply};
& most-unfortunately, their stylistic flipflopping (thread) rubbed everyone's faces in the STENCH)​
plus next year:
-- MKX momentum
-- SRX discontinued for XT5
I expect a Big diff

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

I see more and more new Fusion, Explorer, 2016 Mustang and MKZ models while I am in TX. The designs are just beautiful. You really just have to stop what you are doing and watch a Mustang, Fusion or MKZ pass by and soak it all in. They are like amazing works of art moving down the road.

·
Registered
532 Posts

but all the black plastic and boxier shapes just make the new Explorer look cheaper and older, the car has lost much that alluring premium slickness that I think made the previous one such a breakout hit...unless you spring for the Platinum :)
This!! I don't know what they were thinking.

·
Registered
500 Posts

The Escape probably could surpass the CR-V if Ford could produce enough of them. Hopefully that plant will get expanded soon.
Personally I doubt that is in the cards, once the Edge/MKX are full-steam that should take a little pressure off.

MKC is doing a bit better but can't pass 3K units.....and the SRX sold 6K :facepalm:
You do realize that the SRX is Caddy's only product, and in such a different place than the MKC, as in; pricing, life-cycle, and production/plant-utilization, when GM stopped the Captiva last year; nothing else to build.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts