Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It appears Ford Australia beleives that empasis on Upcoming Modeo's German Heritage will give them a leg up on the competation.

Link Here

·
Registered
764 Posts
It looks like what Fusion should have been. But, I think Ford should try help itself by not propagating the German Engineering myth further
I like the looks of the current Fusion, and to me this looks like the next step in the Fusions design when it comes due for one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ford are doing this because Holden are now using Daewoos from Korea and badging them as Holdens. The cars have not been well recieved by the motoring press but people are buying them because they are cheap.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ford are doing this because Holden are now using Daewoos from Korea and badging them as Holdens. The cars have not been well recieved by the motoring press but people are buying them because they are cheap.
I think price is everything for the economy car buyer. In this Sense Ford might be better off turning to Ford Brazil or Ford Mexico and importing a Cheapo ride to compete with GMDAT Korea cars, or a Cheapo Ford Focus from the US.
Do they sell Fiesta down under?

·
Registered
764 Posts
And are these being sold in Australia?

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ford Range in Oz have a look here..

www.ford.com.au / www.fpv.com.au

Holden

www.holden.com.au / www.hsv.com.au

And www.discountnewcars.com.au for all the new cars on the Oz market.

Daewoo was sold in Australia under that brand but it failed with poor sales. It became GM-Daewoo for a while and they were sold from Holden dealers. They now just put Holden badges on Daewoo products.

Those FPVs look good anthe HSVs look great too. So they are both the equivalent of Fords SVT and Chryslers SRT here in North America?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those FPVs look good anthe HSVs look great too. So they are both the equivalent of Fords SVT and Chryslers SRT here in North America?

Yes basically they the same type of operation. But the ownership is a partnership with other companies.

FPV is part owned by Pro Drive
HSV is part owned by Walkinshaw Racing

I looked at the FPV Tornado when I was buying my new Ute (Pickup) but I couldn't see the value in the extra $10000 the FPV was going to cost over the XR6 Turbo. I optioned mine with leather Climate control premium sound and few other things. And for about $800 I can have the same HP as the FPV.

What the specs on both cars doesn't show is the FPV and the XR6 Turbo share the same engine and gearbox the difference is in the tune supplied and a bigger intercooler on the FPV. The FPV also gets Brembo brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts