Registered
500 Posts
At about 00:47 "As for helping a city grow good green vegetables"

Ford sponsored "Urban Farm" in Detroit?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I love it when automakers zing one another. lol
Agreed! I like this ad, especially since the original Cadillac one rubbed me the wrong way. We all want to succeed, but we all have different definitions of succeeding, and I personally don't buy into what Caddy is trying to sell me with that ad.

I'm in Europe and love my 5 weeks off, and if that makes me less ambitious than the guy in the ad, so be it. I'm too busy 5 weeks a year relaxing on vacation to care.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
here's the original ELR "Poolside" commercial

I STILL don't know whether to believe the petrol engine does NOT directly the wheels or
DOES (under certain circumstances)
The I4 engine with 84hp does turn the wheels when under hard accelerations, when going up steep inclines, and when the battery is depleted after the 34 EV miles, just alike any other plug-in hybrid.

The ELR at 35mpg like the Volt at 37mpg offers rather poor hybrid mpg.

The BMW i3 REX on the other hand is an actual Extended Range EV.

But the Extended Range EV concept is the big pink elephant in the room. The gasoline engine does not turn the wheels, but burns gasoline at 35mpg when the gasoline engine is running to charge the batteries. Which means that once the batteries are depleted at about 80 miles, it will be 'burning' electricity to move the wheels, while at the same time 'burning' gasoline to charge the batteries. Burning two fuels to travel the same distance.

Which gives it a horrible overall Co2 rating. C02 to make the electricity from the plug, Co2 to make the gasoline, and Co2 burning the gasoline.

And why a plug-in hybrid is far more efficient, offering EV miles, and a much higher hybrid mpg.

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
510 Posts
Ford C-MAX Commercial Spoofs Cadillac ‘Poolside’ Ad

Ford has gotten in on the fun, parodying the Cadillac ELR ad that poked fun at Europeans.

Titled “Upside,” the new commercial stars the Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and spoofs the Cadillac ELR’s “Poolside” ad. In Ford’s version of the commercial, it has Pasho Murray, founder of green company Detroit Dirt, recreating the Cadillac ad but twisting Neil McDonough’s original dialogue to match Murray’s message of green living.

The contrast between the two ads are remarkable, and it’s done in good fun. If you were a fan of the Cadillac ELR ad, this one is a must watch.
For more about Ford C-MAX Commercial Spoofs Cadillac ‘Poolside’ Ad and to watch this commercial go to AutoGuide.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts