·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORD CAPRI – THE LEGEND IS BACK
by Nikolai Kalenski
5 July 2011
Automobiles Review

After the Scirocco, the Beetle and the Mini, it is time for another legend to comeback on stage. Ford has announced that for the 40th anniversary of the Capri, a new model will be launched on the market both to revive the legend and to compete the Megane coupe and the Scirocco.

The design of the car is expected to follow the lines of Iosis Max, a concept first revealed in 2009. Many people will wonder, if we have a sporty Focus, what’s the use of another Capri? The answer is simple: This will not be a hot hatch, but more a coupe, what is more it will be the new face of Ford and will have the responsibility to show the world Ford’s new vision and design concepts.

Of course sooner or later it will come down to power – and Ford has definitely something to offer – up-to-date with modern tendencies, the engines used will be turbocharged. Unlike the ancestors the new Capri will also be offered with diesel engines 130HP-197HP (expected). The petrol engines will be a 1.6 liter with either 148HP or 178HP and a 2.0 liter with about 200HP. The set up is expected to propel the coupe to 100 km/h (62mph) in about 6 seconds and reach 250 km/h (155 mph).

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Nice to see the Capri name come back but FWD? Make it AWD at least!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hopefully it looks like a Capri...the way a Mustang looks like a Mustang...These cars had a huge following in Europe in the 80's

·
Registered
997 Posts
WOW! Capri to return. Now if we could see a proper 4/5 passenger Thunderbird to bridge Ford to Lincoln...........

Just like the old days sorta....Capri, Mustang, Thunderbird, Continental Mark9. All that is missing is the Cougar which somehow could fit inbetween Mustang and Thunderbird.

·
Registered
244 Posts
WOW! Capri to return. Now if we could see a proper 4/5 passenger Thunderbird to bridge Ford to Lincoln...........

Just like the old days sorta....Capri, Mustang, Thunderbird, Continental Mark9. All that is missing is the Cougar which somehow could fit inbetween Mustang and Thunderbird.
I second that!

·
Registered
306 Posts
What an opening for a new Lincoln model - Lincoln Capri! This would allow the model to be loaded with goodies and no compromises - could be priced to compete with Lexus lower level models- and give Lincoln some much needed youth image. Wasn't Capri a model of Lincoln in the 50's?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I second that!
I agree. The Mustang, the Thunderbird and the Continental Mark coupe, could be done on a new RWD platform that could serve for a future sport sedan for Lincoln... or a real luxury sedan. I see this easy. i dont know why Ford's management dont see this like me. Cadillac wil launch a small sport sedan ( the ATS ) in a platform that will be the basics for the next Camaro...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
wiki Link

otoh
I've started wondering about Focus Electric's Aston-like frontend
Did Fomoco really de$ign it for just the Electric's miniscule sales volume?
i suspect, by the informations leaked, that the Focus electric`s front end could be very similar to the next Fusion front end... and maybe this grille will be the next signature Ford grille... For me is ok, is atractive and distintive...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts