·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fusion, Escape, Fiesta set new annual records
Ford Inside News
January 3, 2014
By: Austin Rutherford

On the back of strong performances by the Fusion, Escape, and F-Series, Ford posted a 1.8 percent increase in sales in December 2013, one of the biggest volume months of the year in the United States. This topped off an impressive year where Ford Motor sales increased 10.8 percent. This helped Ford brand retain, and even expand their lead, as America's Best Selling Brand. Retail sales were up an even better 3 percent in December and 14 percent for the year.

December sales were lead by impressive gains from the F-Series, which saw a gain nearly 6k units or 8.4 percent. YTD sales were up 18.3 percent as once again the F-Series was the best selling truck in America. The F-Series also outsold the combined truck total from GM again.

The Escape and Fusion saw gains of 21.5 and 26.6 percent respectively in December. Increases of 13.4 and 22.4 percent for the year. This allowed both models to set annual sales records. The Fiesta also set a new annual record, even with December sales being down. Fiesta sales were up 25.2 percent for the year.

Other impressive yearly increases from Ford included the Taurus PI, Explorer, Explorer PI, Transit Connect, and Heavy Trucks with 31.1, 12.6, 140.3, 12.7, and 21.3 percent respectively.

Due to the production issues of the MkZ at the beginning of the year, Lincoln sales were down 0.6 percent for the year. However, December sales were up 8.1 percent on the back of the all-new MkZ. MkZ sales for the year were up 15.4 percent. 2014 will bring at least two new Lincolns helping the brand's sales in the new year.

Sales Chart

- - - - - -

also Ford AND GM .pdf's in post#8

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Well I thought that lincoln would have a positive variation but the problems with MKZ launch made a negative variation...maybe the next year with the new MKC and Navi will be better, also the the MKX could sell better than this year......Lincoln needs to redesign the MKT ASAP.............the MKS too

·
Registered
12 Posts
for me it is a mixed kind of response as there are many ford brands or utilities are under the scanner as the sale for them has settled into negative marks .. yes, there are many positive signs as well .. why it is mixed as i said .

·
Registered
105 Posts
I see that Ford (the best and number one automaker in the world) still had a sales increase for December. The class leading F150 continues to shine. I feel sorry for anyone that wasted their hard earned money on a Government Motors sierra or Silverado.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I see that Ford (the best and number one automaker in the world) still had a sales increase for December. The class leading F150 continues to shine. I feel sorry for anyone that wasted their hard earned money on a Government Motors sierra or Silverado.
Ford the best and number one brand in the world.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was really hoping the Taurus could crack 70k units this year. I guess now I'll have to wait until the redesign for that to happen.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ if the Nano v6 happens before the nextgen,
and maybe WITH the 9speed transmission;
imho that could cause a sizeable sales boost
:rock:

- - - - - -
adding Ford AND GM charts for reference, for 2013
and 2012 just to link in that thread

Attachments

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ if the Nano v6 happens before the nextgen,
and maybe WITH the 9speed transmission;
imho that could cause a sizeable sales boost
:rock:
The current Taurus is dead in the water. No way they spend the money to update a car with less than two years on it's clock. Besides, the Taurus may well be a good car, but it's great at nothing and a new engine won't change that. Public interest is non-existent. They will continue to sell better than 50% of them into fleets until the day they pull the plug.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yep, no way it will get the Nano, especially considering the next gen will debut and be released sometime in 2015. But with how much Ford is stretching concepts/debuts until the time they are released, we may even see it later this year.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ & ^^ tho I've seen and accepted the info/posts that the MKSontinental is coming out in 2015cy;
since I've seen nothing about a nextgen Taurus since the CD4+3 speculations way back,
guess I'm less convinced about how long the D3/4 Taurus is going to last...

...just like I have NO idea when a new-platformed Explorer(/Aviator) could come out;
tho believe we won't see an AllNew Taurus without an AllNew Explorer at about the same time.

google-cache FoMoCo December, Full Year 2013 Sales

adding 2011 F & GM Sales just to link in other thread

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Explorer kind of flies under the radar, but sold almost 180,000 units last year! That's got to be a nice chunk of profit right there! GM needs the Acadia and Traverse to hit those numbers.

Expedition sales have to generate huge profit too I would think.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The Explorer kind of flies under the radar, but sold almost 180,000 units last year! That's got to be a nice chunk of profit right there! GM needs the Acadia and Traverse to hit those numbers.

Expedition sales have to generate huge profit too I would think.
Expedition is a big money maker for sure. So is Explorer/Flex/Edge. Those frequently sell well into the $40's. Heck, even Escape Titanium gets up there too, and Ford sells a boat load of those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts