Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford F-150 King Ranch celebrates 'history and authenticity' for 2015 [w/video]

What's life like on an authentic Texas ranch? We honestly have no idea, having never lived on such a ranch, but we imagine it requires lots of hard work, grit and determination to keep all 825,000 acres – that's larger than the state of Rhode Island – of the King Ranch in Texas under control. Indeed, a total of 350 vehicles, all of which come from Ford, we're told, are currently in use by the ranch. No wonder, then, that the collaboration between Ford and King Ranch has lasted for 15 successful years.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/04/2015-ford-f-150-king-ranch-official/

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Texas State Photographer Wyman Meinzer helps Ford and King Ranch Celebrate Successful 15-year Partnership

• Ford unveils three new King Ranch® Duty and Expedition
• Authentic, 15-year relationship built on common practices, core values and work philosophies shared between Ford Motor Company and the King Ranch
• Wyman Meinzer, official Texas state photographer, captures the essence of the relationship in photos revealed at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

HOUSTON – March 5, 2014 – The introduction of the new Ford F-150, F-Series Super Duty and Expedition King Ranch® spans 15 years. To mark the 15th anniversary of the relationship, a special photo shoot at the King Ranch was undertaken by Texas State Photographer Wyman Meinzer.

The trio of King Ranch vehicles, together for the first time, and Meinzer's unique collection of photos are making their debut at a special exhibit during the 2014 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which runs from March 4-23.

"King Ranch is a legacy. It's one of the best in Texas, if not America," Meinzer said. "These Ford vehicles wear the King Ranch 'Running W' brand because they are proven to be legitimate and authentic, in the heritage of both Ford and the King Ranch."

The three King Ranch edition vehicles, all 2015 models that go on sale later this year, are designed with unique interior and exterior trim, an enhanced level of standard equipment and special wheels, all to reflect the authentic character of the ranch and the premium quality of its products.

Meinzer, who was named State Photographer of Texas by George W. Bush in 1997, was raised as a cowboy on a ranch near Benjamin, Texas, and understands the life of ranching. This experience helped guide his Ford King Ranch photo shoot, making it as authentic as possible.

"King Ranch vehicles are made to kick butt, to get in the brush and dunes and mud holes," Meinzer explained. "We tried to present them in the conditions you'd actually see on a ranch."

More than 4,000 images were taken during the four-day shoot. Visitors to Ford.com will be able to view a gallery of these images that tie the story of the King Ranch to the F-150, F-Series Super Duty and Expedition that bear the ranch's famed "Running W" brand. All three are new for model year 2015.

Aileen Barraza, Ford color and materials designer, has visited the King Ranch many times to get a true sense of what it expresses. "It's a very majestic place that makes you feel at home no matter where you're from," Barraza said. "You can't help but be comfortable right away with genuine luxury that is earned through hard work."

Barraza translates that King Ranch feeling to the Ford vehicles she helps design. "The King Ranch models evoke luxury that is earned," Barraza said. "It's a reward for hard work, which is what has made the ranch so successful."

The new King Ranch exterior colors for 2015 are Caribou, Bronze Fire, Guard and Ruby Red Metallic Clearcoat. Caribou will be offered as a monotone; the other colors will have Caribou as an accent color. All King Ranch vehicles now come as either a monotone or two-tone appearance, giving customers additional appearance flexibility. Premium Mesa Brown is the new interior leather, and only available on King Ranch editions.

Ford's relationship with the King Ranch began in 1999, when Ford recognized the King Ranch represented the same philosophies it designs and engineers into its trucks: toughness, authenticity, integrity and quality.

Ford realized the best way to celebrate the partnership was to produce a King Ranch edition of the F-150, beginning with the 2001 model year. The success of that model launched the expansion of King Ranch editions to include Super Duty (model year 2003) and Expedition (model year 2005).

"King Ranch editions aren't merely trim levels," said Robert Underbrink, King Ranch chief executive officer. "They are representations of an authentic American story that parallels that of Ford Motor Company."

The King Ranch was founded in 1853 by Richard King and is located in Kingsville, Texas, approximately 40 miles southwest of Corpus Christi. The ranch's operations in Texas consist of

four divisions that total 825,000 acres (1,289 square miles), making the ranch larger than the state of Rhode Island. King Ranch has additional locations in Florida, New Mexico and South
Carolina and currently runs a fleet of more than 350 Ford vehicles.

The success of Ford's association with the King Ranch is reflected in sales, especially in Texas. Forty percent of all F-Series Super Duty King Ranch editions are sold in Texas.

For more information about King Ranch, visit www.king-ranch.com
For more information about Texas State Photographer, visit www.wymanmeinzer.com

About Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 181,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit corporate.ford.com.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the new F150 is too beautiful!!, they could make a SUV version of it without changing anything and they could have a nice Expedition to take sales away from Tahoe-Suburban

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I think the Expedition already looks better than F-150. I bet sales for Expy will double. Not really a big deal in terms of sales numbers, but considering their investment in it, I would say that is great.
With Expedition production starting July 14th, that gives only 4 months(Aug-Dec of 2015 model sales in 2014. With sales at about 3200 monthly for 2013, I expect sales for 2014 to average 3500 for the year. Ford should be doing a sell down of the current model, while there should be a sales increase of the new 2015 model. We should end the year at over 42k units, which would be the best sales since 2008 at 55k.

Adding Canada sales at 2k monthly and 66k sales for 2014, compared with about 40k for 2013.

The 2015 Expedition will do very well.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think the Expedition already looks better than F-150. I bet sales for Expy will double. Not really a big deal in terms of sales numbers, but considering their investment in it, I would say that is great.
Mce Expy looks pretty good, especially for a mild update, but in no way does it look better than the current gen or 2015 F150.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Mce Expy looks pretty good, especially for a mild update, but in no way does it look better than the current gen or 2015 F150.
"no way" ??

Well, Expy looks better than SD for sure. IMO it looks better than tired current F-150 too. And there are design elements of 2015 that still annoy me, so overall the Expy looks more personal and vehicle like instead of truck like. That is what I like.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Expedition looks better than F-150???

I want to know what you are smoking because it must be good stuff!:lmao:

·
Registered
456 Posts
"no way" ??

Well, Expy looks better than SD for sure. IMO it looks better than tired current F-150 too. And there are design elements of 2015 that still annoy me, so overall the Expy looks more personal and vehicle like instead of truck like. That is what I like.

Oh I surely understand that it is your opinion and I'm sure the Expy has things that you identify with and like. I was simply stating that the majority, the VAST majority will not think the Expy looks better than the current gen or 2015. Maybe a King Ranch Expy compared to a w/t or base F150, but anything higher than a FX2 looks much better than any Expy, and that's not to say that im saying that the Expy is bad looking, just doesn't look better than the F150 (speaking for the vast majority opinion, and not FACT), theres too many design features from 1997 that hinder it from looking better than a truck dating back to 2009 and 2015.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The update to the Expedition does a nice job making it look more domesticated, less intimidating and oversized. For that reason I don't think you can simply take an F-150 and enclose the bed and call it a day. This is a vehicle purchased for families, the F-150 is not. Although I am interested in large SUVs, the Expy and Navy are still way too outdated for now, I think this is mostly for the loyal buyers.

But generally speaking, Ford has some really dated looking trucks besides the F-150, by far the most dated on the market. The SuperDuty kinda looks like a body builder with skinny legs, all the design is up front and the rest of it doesn't match. The Expedition still looks very dated next to the GM utes.

But this isn't really a market dictated by appearances, especially in the SuperDuty's case. If they change the body, it will only be because they have to in order to incorporate Aluminum. Otherwise we could easily see the SuperDuty soldier on with 3 more face lifts for the next 10-12 years.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Customers who purchase an Expedition do so out of the need for its utility, room, durability, etc. Few if any customers in this segment are lining up to trade in because of substantially new sheet metal. So with the huge updates that actually matter, all new electrical, all new powertrain, that is both capable and efficient, capability, superior chassis including CCD, EPAS steering that really improves the steering feel, features and luxury that match or exceed the chevy…..I would hardly say it is outdated.

In fact, I can’t think of anything the Chevy does better. And if you are going to defend FE with a yet to be revealed EcoBoost number…..kindly include the lack of equivalent torque.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Customers who purchase an Expedition do so out of the need for its utility, room, durability, etc. Few if any customers in this segment are lining up to trade in because of substantially new sheet metal. So with the huge updates that actually matter, all new electrical, all new powertrain, that is both capable and efficient, capability, superior chassis including CCD, EPAS steering that really improves the steering feel, features and luxury that match or exceed the chevy…..I would hardly say it is outdated.

In fact, I can’t think of anything the Chevy does better. And if you are going to defend FE with a yet to be revealed EcoBoost number…..kindly include the lack of equivalent torque.
Wings, while the Expy and Navis platforms have many many advantages over GMs, those advantages sadly aren't what consumers identify with. You yourself know that having the best product does not always equate to having the best selling and this isn't more clear than in this situation. The Expy is a FAR better package than the Tahoe/Yukon when it comes to performing what a full size SUV is actually suppose to do, but they have one significant disadvantage: DESIGN, while the Expys styling may be your piece of cake, I think you are underestimating just how much full size SUV customers value style and newness, and the sad fact is that both the Expy and Navi have clearly visible design features that come DIRECTLY from 1997, 1997 I repeat, and while I'm a F/L fan through and through, I admit their short comings just as much as I give them props, and continuing to use distinct features that a customer can clearly see for almost 20 years is a disadvantage. And yes GM is conservative with their redesigns and archaic suspension, but their exteriors are just that, redesigns, three in fact during the timeframe that the Expy has basically had none. Lol, and as much as I LOVE Superdutys, they do look like bodybuilders that never ever do lower body workouts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts