Ford Inside News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Fusion Records Best Sales Year Ever with Close to 240,000 Deliveries in 2011
DECEMBER 28, 2011
Carscoop

More often than not, a model's sales numbers cool down as it approaches the end of its career, but that's not the case with the Ford Fusion that has seen its numbers rise steadily since its introduction in 2006, with 2011 set to mark its best-selling year with close to 240,000 units (according to Ford's preliminary estimates).
Ford says that since its first full year of sales in 2006 through 2010, the Fusion increased its share in the midsize segment by 5.2 percentage points, with sales rising from 142,502 units and a 6.7 percent of segment share in 2006 to 219,219 for an 11.9 percent share in 2010.

“Since launching in the 2006 model year, Fusion has reinforced Ford’s commitment to the midsize sedan market,” commented Samantha Hoyt, Fusion marketing manager.

Full text at link

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like betting. Lets say next year the Fusion finishes 5K units above the Camry
I would wait a year for that to happen. The new gen does not launch until the second half and I doubt that Flat Rock comes on line at the same time.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I would wait a year for that to happen. The new gen does not launch until the second half and I doubt that Flat Rock comes on line at the same time.
After the Focus supply mess I hope that Ford has taken enough measures to get the plant on line ASAP . . . if the Cruze hit the ground running there is no reason why a Ford product couldn't.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I feel like betting. Lets say next year the Fusion finishes 5K units above the Camry
Some people are saying that Fusion sales have gretly benefited from high Focus prices. Once the new Fusion is introduced, and the incentives drop, it should be the Focus that benefits most.
Fusion may keep the current sales pace or improve a little due to syle and improvements, but I think it will be the middle of 2013 before we see a real neck & neck sales race.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Nice to see Ford a player again in the Mid Size race. Last time they were there was probably the early 2000s with the 4th gen Taurus.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Some people are saying that Fusion sales have gretly benefited from high Focus prices. Once the new Fusion is introduced, and the incentives drop, it should be the Focus that benefits most.
Fusion may keep the current sales pace or improve a little due to syle and improvements, but I think it will be the middle of 2013 before we see a real neck & neck sales race.
very much agree, Logan
unless...
the new Fusion achieves
- 'drop-dead-gorgeous', which is practically** unheard of in the midsize segment
or+
- 'gotta have it' (including tech/mech/drivetrains/obvious-quality) which IS an un-occupied slot at the mo imho

** Optima & non-new Malibu jimho; current Fusion was darn close

1 - 7 of 7 Posts