·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Full sized version:

Things worth noting: On the left, there will be a GT40 as well as a modern ford GT. These cars seem to be the gateway to the center stage "Phoenix".

Also, notice it says "F150 SVT Raptor Teaser"... damn

I'd bet the GT350R is Hummingbird 2.

No sign of Focus RS. I bet we see the Focus RS and the Raptor in New York if we don't see them here.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless the Hummingbird is the Focus RS and the GT350R is with the Mustang stand?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Full sized version:

Things worth noting: On the left, there will be a GT40 as well as a modern ford GT. These cars seem to be the gateway to the center stage "Phoenix".

Also, notice it says "F150 SVT Raptor Teaser"... damn

I'd bet the GT350R is Hummingbird 2.

No sign of Focus RS. I bet we see the Focus RS and the Raptor in New York if we don't see them here.
I guess the RS will debut in other auto show in Europe
btw, no Lincoln floor plan? not sure if we need it, we already know the X will debut there and won't be a surprise like a Conti concept :(

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the Lincoln LS Club:

According to Robert Lane at Blue Oval Forums - who works for Shelby America in addition to running the website - we are not going to see the GT350R track version yet. That comes later.

What we'll see is the GT350 "XR" - with the X being replaced by some other letter. I'm guessing KR based on Shelby mustangs of the past. This will be an even hotter street car than the GT350.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Lincoln has it's own display. I saw a picture on a website with a red MKC at the center of it covered up, the workers are still building it.

Everything I've read so far is about Buick's display, many positive reviews on the people who were able to see it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lincoln has it's own display. I saw a picture on a website with a red MKC at the center of it covered up, the workers are still building it.

Everything I've read so far is about Buick's display, many positive reviews on the people who were able to see it.
This was on GMI Buick teased the display

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The more I look at this, the more I think "Phoenix" is just a GT350 [variant?]. Although the GT40 and Ford GT are there [on the left side of the layout], the way the classic 60's GT350 is on a podium with a bunch of mustangs around it pointing towards "Phoenix", the more it makes sense that the GT350 is center stage. As for Hummingbird, I'm not too sure. Maybe an SVO?

But I believe that we will not see a Ford GT successor at this show. I wish I could convince myself otherwise, but looking at this layout, "Phoenix" is the only logical place to put the GT350, a car we KNOW exists for sure. Considering the other displays, leaving a new GT350 in the "Hummingbird" spot seems too "unimportant", if you will. It's almost as if they'd be showcasing the old GT350 and two EB Mustangs more than the new GT350, which makes no sense.

TL;DR: Phoenix is probably the GT350, maybe a new variant of the car.

Worth noting: every car on this layout is true to it's design. The Mustangs look like Mustangs, the F150s look like F150s, etc. etc. "Phoenix" looks like the Mustang figures. So does "Hummingbird".

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The more I look at this, the more I think "Phoenix" is just a GT350 [variant?]. Although the GT40 and Ford GT are there [on the left side of the layout], the way the classic 60's GT350 is on a podium with a bunch of mustangs around it pointing towards "Phoenix", the more it makes sense that the GT350 is center stage. As for Hummingbird, I'm not too sure. Maybe an SVO?

But I believe that we will not see a Ford GT successor at this show. I wish I could convince myself otherwise, but looking at this layout, "Phoenix" is the only logical place to put the GT350, a car we KNOW exists for sure. Considering the other displays, leaving a new GT350 in the "Hummingbird" spot seems too "unimportant", if you will. It's almost as if they'd be showcasing the old GT350 and two EB Mustangs more than the new GT350, which makes no sense.

TL;DR: Phoenix is probably the GT350, maybe a new variant of the car.

Worth noting: every car on this layout is true to it's design. The Mustangs look like Mustangs, the F150s look like F150s, etc. etc. "Phoenix" looks like the Mustang figures. So does "Hummingbird".
I noticed that too it looks like a Mustang on the podium but it could be because this GT successor is under so much wraps that they just used that graphic instead... we will find out SOON!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I noticed that too it looks like a Mustang on the podium but it could be because this GT successor is under so much wraps that they just used that graphic instead... we will find out SOON!
Haha yep! As far as the next two days of waiting are concerned, I'm just going to curl up under the covers at home for days on end with a few bottles of Makers Mark until it blows over. Lol.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
UPDATE: SOME CLEARER PICTURES --> OPEN THEM IN A NEW TAB, they are pretty high resolution.

I found them on M6G

I keep talking myself in circles on what Phoenix could be. I have now come to the realization that i just need to shut up and wait.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
It is going to be very interesting to see this new GT vs the rumored 2017 mid-engine Corvette! Given just how powerful and capable the Z06 is you have to expect the mid-engine Vette to be a monster in similar fashion to what a twin turbo Voodoo V8 powered GT would be!!!

Edit: It makes no sense that they would use the 5.0 Coyote over the 5.2 Voodoo, none, zip, zero, nada. A car like the GT wants the high revving engine!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts