Ford Inside News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford is among the most vocal critics of Japan's decision to exclude foreign automakers from its cash-for-clunkers program, as the issue continues to draw media interest. U.S. trade authorities have protested against Japan's 9-month-old vehicle scrappage program after automakers complained it discriminates against imported vehicles. Media are noting that Toyota, Honda and other Japanese producers were among the big beneficiaries of America's cash-for-clunkers program earlier this year.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is very frustrating. Japanese government will make very few apologies about protecting their own business interests, at the expense of unfair business practices. Folks, this is war. I say we protect our own interests first as well. I am tired of Toyota and Honda getting pampered in this country. Has anyone checked out this weeks cover story on the Economist? Yeah, Toyota is angry, but so what. I am tired of them getting treated like Rock Stars by our own media and government all these years, who simultaneously dump on Detroit Automakers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is very frustrating. Japanese government will make very few apologies about protecting their own business interests, at the expense of unfair business practices. Folks, this is war. I say we protect our own interests first as well. I am tired of Toyota and Honda getting pampered in this country. Has anyone checked out this weeks cover story on the Economist? Yeah, Toyota is angry, but so what. I am tired of them getting treated like Rock Stars by our own media and government all these years, who simultaneously dump on Detroit Automakers.
Dude, you do not understand, America is not cool with the media.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
not at all sure that our political system is up to effectively implementing moderate/reciprocal protectionism (ie FAIR not Free Trade)
&
imho (most) Big Business doesn't give a damn
so
I hope "We The People" manage to start looking out for our own
Only problem is, as Gm pointed out a year ago, Toyota has more special interests in washington than they do. So unless Toyota pulls them out for some reason, i dont see it happening.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ford is among the most vocal critics of Japan's decision to exclude foreign automakers from its cash-for-clunkers program, as the issue continues to draw media interest. U.S. trade authorities have protested against Japan's 9-month-old vehicle scrappage program after automakers complained it discriminates against imported vehicles. Media are noting that Toyota, Honda and other Japanese producers were among the big beneficiaries of America's cash-for-clunkers program earlier this year.
Great sentiments. I agree with you whole heartedly.

No way.
You are way off here.
He has a valid point. Perhaps akward in the way its said, but there is an element out there that will almost always adopt a bad attitude when something American is involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts