Ford Inside News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Previous reports on inventory turn out to be not as bad
FordInsideNews
August 1, 2013

Previous reports on Ford's sales for July had pointed to a nasty month where lack of inventory due to high demand took a bite out of sales. That, for the most part, now seems to be unfounded. The only models hit by inventory issues appear to be the Fusion and MkZ.

On the back of strong F-Series (up 22.6-%) sales, Ford sales rose 11.4 percent. Besides the F-Series, strong gains were seen by the recently facelifted Fiesta. Sales of the sub-compact rose 88.9-%.

Other vehicles seeing large gains were the Taurus, utility vehicles, and E-Series.

Lincoln sales slightly dipped as MkZ, along with the Fusion, inventory levels took their toll on the mid-sizers. Flat Rock Assembly Plant comes on line for Fusion production within the next two months and should help with this situation.

All-in-all, July 2013 was the best volume July since 2006 and the best retail volume July since 2005.

dead Links / sorry
.pdf Sales chart
from
page @ Media.Ford.com

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
What a mess is the MK Z production! :facepalm:. First, a failed launch, now a retriction to produce it... Is'nt Ford capable to plan correctly the production of a key vehicle like the MKZ??? Lincoln is down, again , because there are no enough MK Z for sale. And the Fusion production is taking the same way. 2 month more for open Flat Rock???? And while the customers dont find the Fusion they want, maybe will buy a Camry!!. I'm so disgusted with Ford production team....

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Here are some leading domestic models side by side

The Cruze is beating the Focus, the Impala is doubling the Taurus, the Camaro is surpasing the Mustang. Only the crossover from Ford win over the GM .
Something is happen with the Focus... and the Taurus needs a redone quickly to battle the Impala

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The Cruze is beating the Focus, the Impala is doubling the Taurus, the Camaro is surpasing the Mustang. Only the crossover from Ford win over the GM .
Something is happen with the Focus... and the Taurus needs a redone quickly to battle the Impala
You have to remember that probably includes the old Impala too which is HEAVY in fleet sales.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Focus is running into the same problem as Fusion and MKZ, and to a lesser extent Escape and F-series. Production limited. MAP is running 3 shifts, and cannot keep up. What Ford is going to do about the issue is beyond me. Fusion/MKZ at least have light at the end of the tunnel, when Flat Rock comes on-line. Focus, I don't know what they will do. Escape is maxed out also. F-series is adding another shift, is what I read. So that should help that issue.

My local Ford store has ZERO Focus, ZERO Fusion, and ZERO Explorers.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Focus is running into the same problem as Fusion and MKZ, and to a lesser extent Escape and F-series. Production limited. MAP is running 3 shifts, and cannot keep up. What Ford is going to do about the issue is beyond me. Fusion/MKZ at least have light at the end of the tunnel, when Flat Rock comes on-line. Focus, I don't know what they will do. Escape is maxed out also. F-series is adding another shift, is what I read. So that should help that issue.

My local Ford store has ZERO Focus, ZERO Fusion, and ZERO Explorers.
What are they going to do when the MKC hits production?!?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^^^N.R., maybe sell the same number of Cuvlets?...

...and just have to settle for getting $10-15k more for some of them

&
^N.R., since FLincMoCo doesn't have ANY plants flexible enough to build w-i-d-e-l-y different cars/Cuvs/Suvs, the only possible 'Lincoln' plant (imho FlatRock: Z + LincStang + CD4+3's) would still have to include Ford model(s)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
That's the billion dollar question.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Is not correct to launch the MK C if Líncoln cant produce enough of them. The Escape is producing at top capacity so, there are no capacity to produce MK C. That is the true. Ford-Lincoln needs a new plant for crossovers (Escape,MK C,Explorer and the Lincoln derivative) and other for the C cars (Focus and Lincoln C sedan) Or Maybe that new plant will be flexible to produce the C sedans and hatchbacks alongside the crossovers?

Ford has a problem. A big problem that is turning serious. This July, Toyota surpases Ford from the number 2 carmaker in USA. That is serious. And is losing market share. That is serious too. The products are very good, but not enough of them. Ferrari have the same problem, but they make it deriberatly: reduce production and the Ferrari products price go up. When Ford dont have enough Fusions or Escapes or MK Zs, the customers dont offer moré money, simply they go to the Toyota dealers and buy Camrys,RAV4s or Lexus ESs.... Mr M , you have a problem to solve before you retire...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Is not correct to launch the MK C if Líncoln cant produce enough of them. The Escape is producing at top capacity so, there are no capacity to produce MK C. That is the true. Ford-Lincoln needs a new plant for crossovers (Escape,MK C,Explorer and the Lincoln derivative) and other for the C cars (Focus and Lincoln C sedan) Or Maybe that new plant will be flexible to produce the C sedans and hatchbacks alongside the crossovers?

Ford has a problem. A big problem that is turning serious. This July, Toyota surpases Ford from the number 2 carmaker in USA. That is serious. And is losing market share. That is serious too. The products are very good, but not enough of them. Ferrari have the same problem, but they make it deriberatly: reduce production and the Ferrari products price go up. When Ford dont have enough Fusions or Escapes or MK Zs, the customers dont offer moré money, simply they go to the Toyota dealers and buy Camrys,RAV4s or Lexus ESs.... Mr M , you have a problem to solve before you retire...
Toyota didn't pass Ford... Ford sold 193,715 and Toyota sold 193,394

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
What a mess is the MK Z production! :facepalm:...
from Lincoln MKZ Retail Sales Up for July, California Continues to Deliver - Lincoln's refreshed Media site
Aug 6, 2013

Lincoln MKZ retail sales were up 3 percent for the month of July, going against a high sell down comparison from a year ago...

...Average transactions prices for MKZ have also increased.

“Transaction prices are an indicator for the value customers place on vehicles,” said Merkle. “People are placing a higher value on the Lincoln MKZ – the average transaction price has increased thousands of dollars over the previous model.”

Take rates on the higher end models of Lincoln are also up. The Preferred Equipment Group accounts for about 30 percent of MKZ sales...

...Total MKZ sales for July were down 7 percent driven by soft fleet numbers and the aggressive sell down of the 2012 model year at this time last year...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts