Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read full release here: http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/investors/investor-news-detail/ir-20140903-august-2014-us-sales

•Ford Fusion has best August ever; year-to-date sales best since its launch in 2005
•Ford Escape posts record for August and for year-to-date sales
•Ford Explorer achieves its best August sales results since 2004
•Ford F-Series posts sixth consecutive month above 60,000
•Ford Motor Company U.S. sales of 222,174 vehicles for August, up slightly – providing best August sales in eight years

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 3, 2014 – Ford Motor Company U.S. sales totaled 222,174 vehicles in August, up 0.4 percent from a year ago and the best August sales in eight years. Retail sales of 178,800 vehicles increased 2 percent, while fleet sales of 43,374 vehicles declined 6 percent.

“Both Fusion and Escape set records in August, each continuing on a strong pace toward 2014 being a best-ever sales year,” said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “It also was another solid month for F-Series, which again topped 60,000 sales and maintained its lead as the best-selling pickup in the U.S.”

August Sales By Model

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Re: Ford August 2014 Sales

Inventory and sales continue to build steadily for Lincoln MKC, with 1,760 vehicles sold in August. Dealers are nearing full stock of the all-new small premium utility, which coincides with the kickoff of the luxury brand’s new national advertising campaign. Lincoln sales are up
13 percent year-to-date through August – a pace expected to increase the rest of the year.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
August 2014 Sales: Ford and Lincoln Flat

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2014/09/03/august2014sales.pdf

Ford and Lincoln sales are flat, Lincoln a bit more negative than flat. But this was still Ford's best August in 8 years.

F-Series, Edge, Fiesta, Taurus, and Flex are down while Explorer, Escape, and Focus are up quite nicely. Explorer had best August since 2004, and Fusion and Escape had their best August ever. Flex sales are pretty abysmal in the wake of Explorer growth, Taurus PI sales nearly halved but UI sales up.

Lincoln MKZ sales down sharply (along with MKS). Looks like MKZ is giving up customers to MKC. Lincoln definitely needs to ramp up marketing soon for MKC to get new customers. Still looks pretty dire over there with everything down so sharply except MKX for the month. YTD however, Lincoln is up 13%

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Most of the analysts expectations of Ford was wrong, they expected sales to decline, Ford pulled out a positive gain even though it was small. A win is a win.

MKC still holding up Lincoln while the MKZ has steady sales. The refreshed Navi, MKX, MKS, and replacement for the MKT can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Re: August 2014 Sales: Ford and Lincoln Flat

Remember MKZ sales were kinda of bloated for about 6 months while they filled back orders.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts

I do agree, but putting it into perspective…..a 1% relative position fore or aft of zero means very little if anything at all. What matters most is that Ford is bolstering its future with many new products and technologies, most of which looks very good. Along with that, it is maintaining a respectable balance of incentives to move products, which directly relates to profit that has been pretty great lately, and fewer rental dumps. All while delivering exciting products, higher quality and with few recalls. Things are looking good. Lincoln is starting to build momentum. In total, that is what puts Ford in the win column.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

Lincoln needs to lauch the redesign vehicles ASAP! They need to be faster with the MKC because the MKZ is going down and can't support all the Lincoln brand!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

Inventory and sales continue to build steadily for Lincoln MKC, with 1,760 vehicles sold in August. Dealers are nearing full stock of the all-new small premium utility, which coincides with the kickoff of the luxury brand’s new national advertising campaign. Lincoln sales are up
13 percent year-to-date through August – a pace expected to increase the rest of the year.
Lincoln is still far away from Infiniti and Cadillac.
2014 YTD:
Cadillac 114K
Infiniti 77k
Lincoln 60K

http://www.leftlanenews.com/august-sales-big-gains-for-chrysler-nissan.html

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

Do you think they are taking their time for no reason?
I know they take their time to do it well wings but to see the Lincoln brand like this is not good, it is sad! A lot of months almost flat and far from other luxury brands!
You are more calm because you know what is coming and when is coming but we don't!

·
Registered
10,964 Posts

I know they take their time to do it well wings but to see the Lincoln brand like this is not good, it is sad! A lot of months almost flat and far from other luxury brands!
You are more calm because you know what is coming and when is coming but we don't!
I see cadillac down nearly 20% for the month, all while introducing far more product, andsuddenly a calm comes over me as well as a smile :)

Forget YTD. Lincoln can't go back and change previous months, they can only address future months.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

I see cadillac down nearly 20% for the month, all while introducing far more product, andsuddenly a calm comes over me as well as a smile :)

Forget YTD. Lincoln can't go back and change previous months, they can only address future months.
true and I hope that they can pass at least Infiniti!! I guess it is too late but I would love too see that tomorrow there is some Lincoln news and not Ford news

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

With a redesigned grill along with the Black Label, MKZ could reach 40K per year.
I'd see MKC reaching even a bit higher.
If MKX holds steady until the new model comes out, Lincoln will be in a great position.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

Lincoln is still far away from Infiniti and Cadillac.
2014 YTD:
Cadillac 114K
Infiniti 77k
Lincoln 60K

http://www.leftlanenews.com/august-sales-big-gains-for-chrysler-nissan.html
Infiniti is Lincoln's first YTD sales target. Lincoln was just 1,018 units behind Infiniti for August(this gap should close with MKC sales ramping up).

Looking at Market Share, Lincoln is at 0.5% and Infiniti is at 0.6%.

The next target for 2015 will be Acura with the launch of the MY2016 MKX, followed by Cadillac/Audi in 2017(with the launch of the New Continental and Navigator)who are within 2k units of each other and over 10k from Acura.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

true and I hope that they can pass at least Infiniti!! I guess it is too late but I would love too see that tomorrow there is some Lincoln news and not Ford news
I'm really looking forward to the news too!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
RDX was down 397 units over Aug 2013. The 5th straight month of sales declines since the MKC launched.

MKC at 1,760 was 226 higher than July, and outsold the MKS(585), MKT(313) and Navigator(588).......combined!

MKZ sales were down again for the third straight month and down 811 units over Aug 2013.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
"Dealers are nearing full stock of the all-new small premium utility, which coincides with the kickoff of the luxury brand’s new national advertising campaign. "

Has anyone seen any of the new ads fem the new national advertising campaign?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Just out of curiosity, will "the news" come from a press release, or something less formal like social media?

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
“We saw sales increase and expand towards the later end of August as we got more inventory out there in dealer lots. The vehicle is turning in just 13 days on dealer lots, so it’s really hot, turning fast, but we’re going to be really excited about September as we look at having good stock of MKC and launching our all-new national advertising campaign with Matthew McConaughey.”

- Ford

1 - 20 of 78 Posts