Ford Inside News banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe the Ranger will be a total hit for Ford. I also expect them to notice this and make at least 1 trim level higher than Lariat. I know, I know...if you have a Platiumn trim level or King Ranch, the price will definitely be in F150 range....but, they will prob sell a crap ton of them!

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model. But I think Ford's plan was to get consumers to pay more for each Expedition to get more revenue per unit, but sell even less units.

New Navigator is a different story up 82.4%(9,115) YTD, but that is in contract with a previous unacceptably low take rate. Most every other large luxury suv was down but Navigator and Escalade that was up 66.7%(16,927). However, Navigator is closing in on Land Rover Range Rover (9,438) and MB GLS at 10,199. Navigator could become the #2 best selling large luxury suv by the end of year.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model.

Ford is selling more retail, and less to fleet. I think the idea is to get any fleet buyers to switch to Transit or Transit Connect which Ford can offer much cheaper. I think production is still limited, and shared with the Super Duty F-Series (I think). If so, they won't allocate too much more.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model. But I think Ford's plan was to get consumers to pay more for each Expedition to get more revenue per unit, but sell even less units.

New Navigator is a different story up 82.4%(9,115) YTD, but that is in contract with a previous unacceptably low take rate. Most every other large luxury suv was down but Navigator and Escalade that was up 66.7%(16,927). However, Navigator is closing in on Land Rover Range Rover (9,438) and MB GLS at 10,199. Navigator could become the #2 best selling large luxury suv by the end of year.

True but the Infiniti QX80 is still beating it also but not by much. Need to pass that one first before talking about the LR and GLS

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Ford heavily fleet dumped the last model toward the end, and cut those fleet sales early in the new model. They're just now getting back to moving above last years numbers monthly (it was up 10% for June).

The GM triplets have their own factory - obviously they'll be able to produce/sell more.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
True but the Infiniti QX80 is still beating it also but not by much. Need to pass that one first before talking about the LR and GLS
Navigator(9,115) outsold the QX90(8,942) YTD back in June. Range Rover is the next target, which Navigator should overtake in July.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts