Ford Inside News banner

581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have seen the Mustang CUV and I hate it. It literally is a Mustang front end grafted onto a Edge like vehicle. Horrible idea. I don't get why anyone would merge the two and think it would be interesting. To me, the weakest part of the Mustang, is the front styling.

Also, I would rather not see a Mustang EV. Way too much cost to implement an ICE and EV platform, without serious compromises. And for what, to just use the Mustang name for a few EV sales? I would much rather see an all new EV optimized platform that can underpin CUV's, sedans or coupes. Call it what you want, but DON'T call it a Mustang EV. You can make it just as interesting, if not more so, because you can optimize. A hybrid does makes sense though, just as an I4 did, where nobody thought it would. Mustang will be my first hybrid. The idea of a sporty looking fun to drive and stylish Mustang that jumps from about 32 mpg to maybe 45, and V8 like performance.....is ridiculously cool.
They won't call it Mustang.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I like the idea of Mustang Hybrid too. But are you sure that they are going to actually call it the 'Mustang' for the CUV EV? I thought that was going to be the Mach 1. Unless they decided on Mustang Mach 1 and I missed the announcement. Also, how were you able to see it? You work for Ford or know someone from the inside?
chop from December 2015

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
I have seen the Mustang CUV and I hate it. It literally is a Mustang front end grafted onto a Edge like vehicle. Horrible idea. I don't get why anyone would merge the two and think it would be interesting. To me, the weakest part of the Mustang, is the front styling.
Was it something like this monstrosity?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Calling it Mach1 would indicate that it's essentially an extension of the Mustang so I wouldn't be surprised if it had strong Mustang DNA.

Wingsnut did it have the current Mustang look or something that resembles it?

And you say it was an Edge like vehicle. Is there no hint of it having a coupe-ish profile, like the BMW X6?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Porsche isn't 911, but if you look at the styling of it's vehicles they do all resemble it to a much stronger extent than the general corporate signatures and DNA's of other makers. It looks as though Ford will leverage Mustang's iconic status in the same fashion considering what Mach1 is, and perhaps, as per above renders, why not a Mustang 4-door coupe and shooting brake?

·
Registered
348 Posts
MACH I EV should really look more like a production version of the Evos concept. 4-door coupe. But performance wise that pushes Mustang down to #3 behind MACH I and GT.

What I'm afraid of is Ford not reading the play. Why can't they go head to head with the likes of M and AMG when they have the firepower to do so?
Consumers will pay through the nose if the power output is attractive.
What you suggest here is exactly how it should be - uncompromised performance.
What scares me also is wingsnut's description of the silhouette being too Edge-like, and not very Evos ^ like.

581 - 592 of 592 Posts