Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford, Lincoln say no Super Bowl ads as more brands stay on sidelines

Ford and Lincoln will not run Super Bowl commercials this year, a spokeswoman confirmed today.

The auto ad lineup continues to dwindle ahead of the Feb. 1 game, even though last year’s contest was the most watched TV program in history with 111.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...per-bowl-ads-as-more-brands-stay-on-sidelines

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I think it's a smart move by Lincoln. They need to build out the lineup more before using the Super Bowl start the view conversation about what Lincoln has to offer today. Most of the lineup is still 'refreshed' almost antique models.

Once the New MKS and New Navigator are ready, and a sports coupe(Lincstang), with something for everyone, then Lincoln would be ready for the comparison conversation.

Until then....keep building a solid line-up, one model at a time.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's a smart move by Lincoln. They need to build out the lineup more before using the Super Bowl start the view conversation about what Lincoln has to offer today. Most of the lineup is still 'refreshed' almost antique models.

Once the New MKS and New Navigator are ready, and a sports coupe(Lincstang), with something for everyone, then Lincoln would be ready for the comparison conversation.

Until then....keep building a solid line-up, one model at a time.
let me fix it for you Bloggin :D

"Until then....keep building a solid line-up, more than one model at a time" :D haha lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
LincStang... where???
Yes, I would be interested if
Convertible
2 plus 2 'HUMANS' can sit in it
Quiet... distinctive... LINCOLN

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lincoln needs at least 1 coupe.......IMHO a Lincstang coupe is not a good idea. You can rebadge a Mustang but a Lincstang sedan should be nice IMHO.

I still want to know what is this:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Respectfully, I'm not sure that I agree with this decision. Millions of people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. Keeping Lincoln in the conversation, planting the seed in the minds of millions. Building a foundation of support as Lincoln continues to increase it's product line up. Might not be a bad thing? Imho.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I agree with the decision, I think they should wait a year or 2 when the MKX is already on the roads and the MKS replacement is out also, then do a commerical to show people the new Lincoln.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts