Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
(PS) "Andrew L" I too with they had never killed the Escape Hybrid. Wasn't that a good seller prior to the C-Max?
I believe it was per wikipedia not sure if that includes Mariner hybrids as well or not:
2004 - 2,993
2005 - 18,797
2006 - 20,149
2007 - 21,386
2008 - 17,173
2009 - 14,787
2010 - 11,182
2011 - 10,089
2012 - 1,441

To cross reference with the C-Max
2012 - 13,309
2013 - 35,210
2014 - 27,595
2015 - 21,768

C-Max seems to have some stronger years but still makes me wonder how well the Escape Hybrid would have sold with the new body style.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
C-Max seems to have some stronger years but still makes me wonder how well the Escape Hybrid would have sold with the new body style.
My guess, maybe not as well, since the new Escape has a naturally heavier body to begin with compared to the old Escape and C-Max.
*The European C-Max with regular gasoline/diesel drivetrain weighs about 100 pounds more than an equivalent Focus.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
didn't see an actual Cruze thread so using this as a foreshadowing of the next Focus prices...
...plus I *like* this thread :joyous:

AutoVerdict

General Motors has announced that the new Chevrolet Cruze diesel equipped with a six-speed manual transmission will be priced at $24,670, a drop from the $25,695 starting price of the outgoing model. Moving to a nine-speed automatic transmission will cost drivers $26,270...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ford hasn't pushed the Taurus here in the states, yet they introduced a newer Taurus in China. I can't figure that one out. Where is Ford headquartered anyway? All the 2017 models are out except for the Taurus. I read on here on long ago that the Taurus life was extended a couple years. If not, what happens to the police sedans? I think Ford in more interested china than the states.
Ford has already released the 2017 model on their website. I guess it's officially dead at this point.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/models/

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
this directly addresses the WORDing of the thread-title, if Not the intent...
the warning-signs were there:
- a Q: does the Fusion or any CD4 offer the 2.3EB? yet?
but mercury_1988's post:
Ford has already released the 2017 model on their website. I guess it's officially dead at this point.
http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/models/
got me to LOOK at the Fusion's section of ford.com
&
I found that the Fusions have over 12 (TWELVE) configurations out of a 'possible' 20 (TWENTY!)...
...I am Not sure HOW many they actually offer = it is sooo complexconfusing
I would STOP SHOPPING for a Fusion
never got anywhere Near finding out IF I could get a/the color(s) I'd want (never a sure thing with Ford)

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
For now I see the Mid-size (Fusion, Camry, Malibu) cars growing to take over the larger (Taurus, Impala, Avalon).
I imagine once electrification/self drive takes over in a couple decades, MPG will be a non-actor, and all cars will go through a drastic reconfiguration. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "one size fits all' sedan, and maybe three sizes of CUVs as the only offerings (Expect trucks)from most manufacturers at that time.
That seems to be happening across all segments. Civic is almost as big as current gen Accord, with next gen growing up to current Fusion/Camry size. Fusion/Camry is already bigger than Accord who has to catch up, and make space between it and the new larger Civic. Ford seems to be catching up with the large car segment with Chrysler, where the 300 was already ahead of the pack. Riding on a big 120 inch wheelbase.

For Ford, New Taurus has already evolved, Fusion has already taken over current Taurus size, Focus has to grow(see new Civic sedan...it's huge) to make room for a new model between Focus and Fiesta. Which should enter the Model E.

But on the Lincoln side, Continental is now right size/like New Taurus, with MKZ going more toward C-Class size, no more between models for Lincoln going forward. This opens up a new larger C segment platform based entry model for Lincoln and new larger MKC. Now there is space for a new B-class SUV/wagonish vehicle from Lincoln.

As I see it, everything is shifting, but not just for Ford but it's the industry as a whole.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Next gen Focus needs to offer a coupe like this Honda Civic Coupe. Next Gen Fusion needs a coupe also. Same for Lincoln and the next gen MKZ. For Lincoln to actually compete with Mercedes-Benz and BMW, they will need a FULL line-up matching the market leaders.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
- a Q: does the Fusion or any CD4 offer the 2.3EB? yet?
guess Not
gee... makes me wonder what's WRONG with it ... or Fomoco :angel
wiki: 2.3EB Applications
2015– Lincoln MKC
2015– Ford Mustang
2016– Ford Focus RS
2016– Ford Explorer
&
2016– Zenos E10 R

DRAT forgot to check Where it's built...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I'd like to see the 2.3 replace the 2.0 in the MKZ

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I'd like to see the 2.3 replace the 2.0 in the MKZ
yup :thumb: .....replacing the 2.0T
then
wonder how the 2.3 would work for the Hybrid AND an Energi? ....WITH Turbo
- still want multi-modes (like Lexoid had already = atkinson-turbo!)
- &tho wonder how a 1.5T-Energi would work?
also
- think a 2.3T (like Explorer) & 2.3Tplug-in would be great setups for the MKX, completed with 3.0T

ported to STARstang thread
:joyous:

·
Registered
244 Posts
As of last week, The last time I was on the website, they were still showing 2016 models. When I went to individuals dealers, they only had 2016 Taurus on lots. I still can't understand why the states get the same newer Taurus as China.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

The 2017 E-Class sedan, coupe and cabriolet 'should' be a clear indication that the Continental 'should' offer more variants.

This direction may be more fitting for the big Continental. More luxury than performance. Bring back the big 5 passenger Continental Convertible.

Their 4 door sedan variants.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,700 Posts

The 2017 E-Class sedan, coupe and cabriolet 'should' be a clear indication that the Continental 'should' offer more variants.
The E-class coupe also happens to be a global model, even if the demand for these 2-door vehicles are smaller, it's exported to many markets.
Lincoln's primary markets are North America and China. They'll need to go global before they can branch out from stronger selling segments like SUVs, Crossovers and 4-door sedans.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Just noticed the Fiesta is gone from the 2017 lineup of Ford China. :surprise2:

*The Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang and GT supercar are in a separate performance section.

Why i'm kinda worried... Apparently the bulkhead of the left-hand drive ASEAN (Thai-made) Fiestas come from China (It has a "China" stamp on the top corner).
Since most of the region (including export major markets like Australia) are right-hand drive, they will most likely prioritize these markets.
I fear for the future of the Fiesta in the few left-hand drive South East Asia markets (Philippines, Laos and Vietnam).

Attachments

21 - 40 of 190 Posts