Ford Inside News banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
I was watching a video recently showing the technologies in modern police cars, and I was impressed.
If they detach their rifle or shotgun, it auto triggers a call for backup. How smart is that.
Cameras on top scan all license plates on the road constantly, looking for violators.
Several more cool features I don't recall.
Oh and they were on a Taurus cruiser

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I was watching a video recently showing the technologies in modern police cars, and I was impressed.
If they detach their rifle or shotgun, it auto triggers a call for backup. How smart is that.
Cameras on top scan all license plates on the road constantly, looking for violators.
Several more cool features I don't recall.
Oh and they were on a Taurus cruiser
The cameras also catalog what plates they scanned, where, and when. I'm all for the use of technology in the effort to capture criminals but I'm against what is becoming a police state. If those plate scanners scan a plate that has no warrants then that data should be deleted. The same thing with the BS NSA capturing and storing data on all phone calls and texts sent. It is absurd what this nation is tolerating from a government out of control these days.

Somebody want to explain to me why we have snipers and militarized police at a Nevada ranch yet we have un-patrolled borders with the few who are patrolling ordered not to engage those who're entering illegally?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ford now offers a package for the Taurus that uses existing systems to warn and make safer an Officer when someone approaches from the rear blind spot. When the car is in park and running, the back up sensors detect the unknown subject, the back up camera engages for the Officer to see, a chime sounds, the doors lock, and the windows power up.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts