Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's like if a Land Rover LR4, a Flex, and a Mini Cooper had a lil love child and it's damnnn nice looking.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I like it! Hearing a lot of hate on other sites and my brother swears it looks like a FJ, but I think it looks great. Eager to find out more. Plus that middle photo you see the shadow of what I assume is the Bronco.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I like it! Hearing a lot of hate on other sites and my brother swears it looks like a FJ, but I think it looks great. Eager to find out more. Plus that middle photo you see the shadow of what I assume is the Bronco.
The only thing FJ about it is the white roof.

Reactions: badhac

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think it's very cool and a great departure from the other baby CUVs, I hope that it's off-road cred is more Jeep than CRV.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think it's very cool and a great departure from the other baby CUVs, I hope that it's off-road cred is more Jeep than CRV.

The baby Bronco's fat chunky tires and red recovery hooks sticking out of the lower part of the front bumpers tell me this will go against the Compass Trailhawk and/or Cherokee Trailhawk.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If that is real and not just a concept, those are seriously badass approach and departure angles on that Baby Bronc. As long as it has a 2-spd transfer case, it could be the real deal for people seeking a smaller adventure SUV, who don't want to blow $40-50k on a Wrangler Unlimited.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If that is real and not just a concept, those are seriously badass approach and departure angles on that Baby Bronc. As long as it has a 2-spd transfer case, it could be the real deal for people seeking a smaller adventure SUV, who don't want to blow $40-50k on a Wrangler Unlimited.
The Focus-based baby Bronco will definitely go against other car-based (crossover) SUVs, at best it will be Trailhawk-level.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Maverick or Puma, which recycled name will the baby Bronco use.

FORD appears to be preparing to resurrect the Puma badge, lodging a fresh global trademark application under that name for a future model that conceivably could be the upcoming compact SUV dubbed – in the absence of any official name – the Baby Bronco.
Lodged on October 26 by Ford Motor Company’s head office in Dearborn, Michigan, the trademark application specifically mentions “four-wheel drive vehicles and sports utility vehicles”.
Some American pundits have speculated that the Baby Bronco might be called Maverick, as that name has been trademarked in the US.

Maverick was used by Ford in Australia for re-badged Nissan GQ Patrols in the 1980s and 1990s.

However, the original 1984 trademark for Maverick in Australia has been withdrawn by Ford and not renewed, making it unlikely that the name will be used globally any time soon.
- https://www.goauto.com.au/news/ford/ford-goes-for-puma-ndash-again/2018-11-16/76492.html

Looks like the baby Bronco could be called Puma in Australia.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
What about Bronco II

Reactions: SP1966

·
Registered
40 Posts
oh come on wings... I had a 1974 orange with black roof maverick and drove the **** out of it... it was a great car.. body rusted like to nothing but never, ever touched the engine and it went for 200,000 miles until the doors handles were like islands in the sea..of rust.. I thought it rode great...
Rick.
:frown2:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bronco II was sold alongside Bronco, so I am still hoping for the return of Bronco II.
Maverick reminds me of one of the worst products ever from Ford.
I dunno about that, having a very humble car basically riding on early Mustang (OK, Falcon) bits made for easy "sleeper" projects...and the Grabbers could be real fun!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts