Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The fifth-generation Ford Mustang is the 2015 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Car of the Year.

Ford’s iconic pony comes with important changes for its fifth generation including an independent rear suspension, revised components for the V8 GT model and a new 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine option. The V6 remains to power base models, but the biggest news is probably that the new GT model equipped with the optional performance package is – according to Ford – a better track weapon than the now-gone Boss 302.

But the coolest feature for the 2015 model is arguably the new factory line lock that will hold the front brakes while the driver roasts the rear tires. With a new Camaro just around the corner, there’s an epic battle brewing that Ford looks more than ready to take part in.

“Congratulations to everyone involved with the new Mustang and to the entire Ford team,” said AutoGuide.com Editorial Director Colum Wood. “I’m not at all surprised. From the new independent rear suspension, the EcoBoost engine option, aggressive styling and modern interior, Ford has continued to evolve the Mustang into a world-class sports car.”

“I’m excited at the response from AutoGuide readers and from our vast forum community,” Wood continued. “Social media, continued to play an increasingly large role in engaging readers to get involved and have their say.”

With seven different vehicle categories voted on in the 2015 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Car of the Year Awards, Ford also took home top honors in the trucks category with the 2015 F-150 being named the Reader’s Choice Truck of the Year.
For more on this story, Ford Mustang Wins 2015 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Car of the Year Award and to see which other vehicles drove away with similar honors visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The new mustang looks good in photos and is really even cooler in person.

Congrats on the win. Well deserved without question.

·
Registered
161 Posts
this is a reasonable choice, I can´t believe MT COY is the Golf and the MT SOY is the CRV, those are the best? doubt it!
I also think motor trend dropped the ball not choosing the mustang...

Crazy choosing the golf? It looks like the same little box. Wtf? LoL

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
this is a reasonable choice, I can´t believe MT COY is the Golf and the MT SOY is the CRV, those are the best? doubt it!
I would not read an MT mag if it were the last one left at the dentists office. They appear to be the only rag that rags on Mustang.

Even Road & Track recently finished a Performance Car of the Year drive and Mustang placed high among some serious hardware and garnered some serious praise...

"We also singled out the Mustang GT Coupe Premium. It's okay to believe the hype about this nearly perfected pony. It's not just the best American two-plus-two in history, it's a credible rival to the high-power European competition that sells for two or three times the price. On a back road, it's accessible and thrilling for every level of driver. Like last year's winner, the seventh-generation Corvette, it redefines what's possible at a relatively affordable price. Every sub-$50,000 car on the market will have to answer to the Ford from now on, no matter what badge it brings to the table."

"The problem, if there is one, is that this Mustang doesn't fully exploit the potential on-track brilliance of the model's new platform. That will come next year, with the flat-crank, harder-than-hard-core GT350. We're expecting great things from that car. But for now, the Mustang remains more "road" than "track.""

·
Registered
634 Posts
"The problem, if there is one, is that this Mustang doesn't fully exploit the potential on-track brilliance of the model's new platform."

Road & Track is being more diplomatic about it than Motor Trend, but they're both saying the same thing.

As far as your diss of MT goes: if you get all out of shape over every criticism of Ford's products, you really, REALLY need to get a frickin' life.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
After beating the 1LE, here is more praise,

"The damping: brilliant, letting the chassis move in a way that rewards and demonstrates enthusiasm without ever getting out of hand. The steering feel: leagues better than what pony cars traditionally have, capable of communicating minute differences in available grip without kickback or grittiness. It's BMW steering, the kind you don't get in a BMW anymore."

·
Registered
634 Posts
*sigh*

...well, allow me to congratulate the Mustang on winning this award. I'm sure it will lessen the blow of losing out on COTY and this R&T comparo. Despite the feelings of some, I will continue to both read and be entertained by both of these fine publications without blowing a gasket at every article I disagree with.

Doubtless the GT350 will be better than the GT. That doesn't let the GT off the hook.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts