Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford of Europe has quite a few videos the new 2015 Focus ST Diesel Estate, Mondeo Hybrid, 2015 Focus, etc.

2015 Focus Wagon

2015 Mondeo Documentary Part 1

2015 Mondeo Documentary Part 2

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would totally buy a mondeo/fusion wagon if sold here.
I love the Mondeo Wagon and I think it would do well in the U.S. for Ford. I also think the new Focus Wagon is a good looking car and I would love to have one. Oh well......

·
Registered
287 Posts
Are you being sarcastic, and trying to say that they obviously don't buy wagons? Or are you actually just curious?

Well, all I know is that they like crossovers, which would make it harder for them to also buy substantial amounts of wagons.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Are you being sarcastic, and trying to say that they obviously don't buy wagons? Or are you actually just curious?

Well, all I know is that they like crossovers, which would make it harder for them to also buy substantial amounts of wagons.
I checked and Ford doesn't sell wagons in China.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked and Ford doesn't sell wagons in China.
The global trend is toward CUVs from wagons, except in Europe where the infastruture, i.e. the roadways are old and very narrow and parking is narrow, carparks and older garages are lower. So a low, longer, narrower wagon works there better there. So expect to see wagons being popular in the UK for a long time to come.

China on the other hand has mostly new construction and taller CUVs rule like in the US.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The global trend is toward CUVs from wagons, except in Europe where the infastruture, i.e. the roadways are old and very narrow and parking is narrow, carparks and older garages are lower. So a low, longer, narrower wagon works there better there. So expect to see wagons being popular in the UK for a long time to come.
Actually in the UK, Fords 2014 Car Buying Trends report say that 83% buy the 5 door variants of the Mondeo and Focus.
In Europe as a whole, half of car buyers choose 5-door models, 35 per cent prefer wagons and the remainder opt for 4-door cars.
Wagons (Mondeo and Focus) appeal most to drivers in Denmark (86 per cent), the Netherlands (79 per cent), and Germany (78 per cent)

Bloggin, not to come off too snarky with you, but to say such general stuff about EU roadways being old and narrow is a pretty ignorant statement.
Yes in the "old town" areas of many EU cities this is true, but outside of "old town" area city streets, parking garages etc are much the same as found
in North American cities. Europe does have roads outside of the urban areas that are I'd say safe to call highways :joyous: not just a cow path as seen in so
many Hollywood films:angel

What I am saying is that we in Europe don't all live inside some very small area of a city called Old Town with the cobble stone streets. We have blvds and avenues, fancy smacy underground modern parking garages, four and five lane freeways, and brand spanking new asphalt covered streets, highways, & multi lane freeways.

I think you would be shocked to see how many of the mega size SUV's and CUV's are rolling around our teeny tiny old roads.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Actually in the UK, Fords 2014 Car Buying Trends report say that 83% buy the 5 door variants of the Mondeo and Focus.
In Europe as a whole, half of car buyers choose 5-door models, 35 per cent prefer wagons and the remainder opt for 4-door cars.
Wagons (Mondeo and Focus) appeal most to drivers in Denmark (86 per cent), the Netherlands (79 per cent), and Germany (78 per cent)

Bloggin, not to come off too snarky with you, but to say such general stuff about EU roadways being old and narrow is a pretty ignorant statement.
Yes in the "old town" areas of many EU cities this is true, but outside of "old town" area city streets, parking garages etc are much the same as found
in North American cities. Europe does have roads outside of the urban areas that are I'd say safe to call highways :joyous: not just a cow path as seen in so
many Hollywood films:angel

What I am saying is that we in Europe don't all live inside some very small area of a city called Old Town with the cobble stone streets. We have blvds and avenues, fancy smacy underground modern parking garages, four and five lane freeways, and brand spanking new asphalt covered streets, highways, & multi lane freeways.

I think you would be shocked to see how many of the mega size SUV's and CUV's are rolling around our teeny tiny old roads.
Good info, and indeed the wagon now belongs with SuperDuty Trucks and Kai cars as very regional products popular in only certain regions of the world. The rest of the cars on the road are starting to look the same everywhere, although Midwestern America is still dominated by Larger Crossovers, Minivans, and Trucks (minivans might be dead to Ford but they still live on strong in the suburbs). The smaller Crossovers is quickly overtaking the midsize sedan, at least in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good info, and indeed the wagon now belongs with SuperDuty Trucks and Kai cars as very regional products popular in only certain regions of the world. The rest of the cars on the road are starting to look the same everywhere, although Midwestern America is still dominated by Larger Crossovers, Minivans, and Trucks (minivans might be dead to Ford but they still live on strong in the suburbs). The smaller Crossovers is quickly overtaking the midsize sedan, at least in my neck of the woods.
Yes... I've noticed that too. Even though I am an "SUVfan," I think it's kind of disappointing that crossovers are replacing almost all sedans. In New England it is quite reasonable to want a car with decent ground clearance and AWD (like me) but I get the feeling that a lot of people are buying them just 'cause they're cool. From an global warming and CAFE point of view, crossovers and trucks getting more popular is a very backwards trend.

I also resent, deeply, how popular half ton trucks are getting. They used to be honest working vehicles, but RAM (Dodge back then) screwed it all up in 1994 with the new macho-look Ram. Ever since then, a substantial portion of truck drivers bought them only as compensation machines, if you catch my meaning. And now luxury trucks are getting very popular, which I also resent. It seems that the type of people who buy luxury trucks are just rich people who don't really need trucks but just think they look cool. You don't need a truck as a family vehicle, either, for goodness' sake. Get a crossover or a sedan!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts