Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
New Explorers are everywhere, at least between Dearborn and Northern Detroit suburbs. They are handsome. I wonder if I notice them more because I too have an Explorer. New one looks much better than my previous model, imo. Looks great in these renderings too.

I am so glad Ford started Ford Performance brand.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have seen quite a few Explorers recently, and I have to say, the refresh has visually taken the vehicle up a class as far as road perception goes. More squared off from the rear due to the new tails reminds me of some BOF offerings, and the new front better utilizes the space available for grilles/lighting. Much more commanding.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Anybody else notice that the the new Explorer uses the headlights as DRLs instead of the LED accent lighting?

New Explorer and Edges are everywhere where I live, but that's nothing new. Platinums are landing now too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone notice the MRT 2016 F-150 Regular Cab, I'm trying to get an idea what that is going on with the drivers side windows. The pic looks like you have an additional window behind the drivers window.

·
Registered
867 Posts
With all of the performance, modification and aspirational mind-share showcased at SEMA taking place only within the Ford brand, it's no wonder that Lincoln is still thought of as grandpa's car/truck.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'll be attending SEMA this year for the first time. Can't wait!
I'll be there (at least one day) too!

We have a booth at AAPEX, but I'm shooting for trolling SEMA on Wednesday.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
New Explorers are everywhere...
Wonder if they'll hit over 30,000 per month by the end of the year?!?

Nice to see the Explorer make such a glorious comeback; the original became such an icon that it was sad to see it peter out. Glad it's back, and on top of its game. Any chance we'll ever see another SportTrac version???

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Wonder if they'll hit over 30,000 per month by the end of the year?!?

Nice to see the Explorer make such a glorious comeback; the original became such an icon that it was sad to see it peter out. Glad it's back, and on top of its game. Any chance we'll ever see another SportTrac version???
ya know...
with the general shift of volume away from "cars",
a new SporTrac could be likely - esp-imho/dunno,
it could get away with being less hardcore than the Bronco

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
skimming a SEMA thread @ GMI
& thought I remembered another post here about SEMA=/=Lincoln but not finding it...

With all of the performance, modification and aspirational mind-share showcased at SEMA taking place only within the Ford brand, it's no wonder that Lincoln is still thought of as grandpa's car/truck.
...thinking what I'd like to see:

Z

a plug-in - with either a 2.3atkinson (+ as many batteries as they could stuff in it)
a plug-in - Or a 220hp 1.5EB ** ( " )
a BEV - with twined FocusEV units, front AND rear ( " )
then
doll them up with experimental [BL] interiors
andBut prolley try-out new paint colors for the regular series...maybe several colors on each?

C &or X
hire Extreme4x4 to do her best to turn (one of) them into a non-monster monster-offroader
(maybe with Raptor parts IF any fit)
ditto-Z for the interior/paints

** next year = Virtual-Awd!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts