Ford Inside News banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oct-09-2014
Ford PR

SAARLOUIS, Germany – The new Focus is rolling off the line in Ford’s Saarlouis Body & Assembly Plant in Germany and headed to dealerships throughout Europe.

Ford invested about €200 million (about $250 million) to support production of the new Focus. The plant is the first of eight factories on four continents to build the new model, with the other facilities located in Argentina, China, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, and Vietnam. Together, the eight plants have the capability to build more than 1.5 million Focus models a year for customers in 140 markets around the world.

The new Focus features a bolder, more emotive exterior design, a finely crafted, intuitive new interior, a suite of life-enhancing new technologies and major fuel economy improvements.

Advanced technologies include the European debut of SYNC 2, Ford’s advanced infotainment system that features high-resolution colour touch screen and advanced voice control for easier access to audio, navigation, climate control and mobile phones. Focus is also the first Ford globally to offer the new hands-free Perpendicular Parking technology, which helps drivers reverse into spaces side-to-side with other cars; Improved Active City Stop now works at speeds of up to 50 km/h.

The upgraded powertrain line-up for Europe includes new 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine and new 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine; fuel economy improved by as much as 19 per cent over current Focus. Focus also will offer 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivering 99 g/km CO2, the first non-hybrid petrol family car in Europe to break the 100 g/km CO2 barrier.

More than 12 million Focus cars have been sold worldwide since the nameplate was first launched in 1998, with 6.9 million having been sold in Europe.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Any luck finding the order guide yet?
Must be tough ordering a 2015 with no info

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Anybody know what country this photo was taken in? Found this online.

The url on the lower part of the photo ends with a ".fr", which is french, but I think they don't sell 4-door sedan Focus models in France.

It looks like production for the other 6 plants will begin in 2015.

I wonder if the Thai-built ASEAN/Asia-Pacific 2015 Focus will get engine upgrades. The current pre-facelift Focus has two engines, a 125PS (123hp) 1.6 Ti-VCT engine and a 170PS (168hp) 2.0 Ti-VCT GDi engine.
For those curious, it produces an extra 8hp at a slightly higher rpm than the 2.0 Ti-VCT GDi of the USDM Focus ([email protected] vs [email protected]).

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Anybody know what country this photo was taken from? Found this online.

It includes the 4-door sedan/saloon bodystyle which I think is only available in some euro markets.

It looks like production for the other 6 plants will begin in 2015.

I wonder if the Thai-built ASEAN/Asia-Pacific 2015 Focus will get engine upgrades. The current pre-facelift Focus has two engines, a 125PS (123hp) 1.6 Ti-VCT engine and a 170PS (168hp) 2.0 Ti-VCT GDi engine.
For those curious, it produces an extra 8hp at a slightly higher rpm than the 2.0 Ti-VCT GDi of the USDM Focus ([email protected] vs [email protected]).
This should be the plant in Germany, since they are the first and only plant producing the 2015 Focus to date.

Yes the ASEAN market should get the 1.5L EcoBoost and 1.5L diesel because the 1.5L displacement avoids the additional tax on larger engines.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
This should be the plant in Germany, since they are the first and only plant producing the 2015 Focus to date.
Which left-hand drive market does the German plant export 4-door sedan models to?

Yes the ASEAN market should get the 1.5L EcoBoost and 1.5L diesel because the 1.5L displacement avoids the additional tax on larger engines.
About the tax on larger than 1.5 liter engines.
That might be true for smaller B-segment cars in ASEAN since majority have 1.5 liter engines or smaller, this includes the Fiesta which is available with a 1.5 Ti-VCT engine or a 1.0 EcoBoost engine.

Now when it comes to larger C-segment cars, most are offered with 1.6 to 2.0 liter engines. I guess manufacturers don't care much about the higher taxes when it comes to C-segment cars.
That's why I was wondering if Ford will replace the ASEAN Focus' naturality aspirated 1.6 and 2.0 liter lineup with smaller EcoBoost engines.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Which left-hand drive market does the German plant export 4-door sedan models to?
As far as I know almost all markets are offered the Focus sedan, with France being one of the odd ones. That said I know overall Euro Focus sedan sales are quite small, I think somewhere around the 15% area, with the wagon around 35% and the 5 door taking the bulk of the sales.
The sedan is a very very rare sighting over here

·
Registered
87 Posts
Turkey is a sedan market for focus. Although VW golf and Opel astra HB performs well, people choose focus in sedan form here.
FORD OTOSAN brought one sedan and one HB focus for premiere.

This is the sedan in grey

This is the HB in blue

I am in close contact with a local dealer. I will immediately buy an HB when its available (if its for a reasonable price of course). But dealer still has no information about prices and specs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My local dealership just received their first new Focus.
Both are Trend Sport trim level, equipped with the 1.0L EB 125hp , 6spd manual.
Looks like a proper Focus again to my eyes, and the interior even on the Trend level looks and feels better.
Cars were built October 27 and arrived last night November 17.

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
My local dealership just received their first new Focus.
Both are Trend Sport trim level, equipped with the 1.0L EB 125hp , 6spd manual.
Looks like a proper Focus again to my eyes, and the interior even on the Trend level looks and feels better.
Cars were built October 27 and arrived last night November 17.
:thumb: TY, MKII ! ! :joyous:

very interesting upholstery: part textured with stitching that almost looks like piping...
...*think* I really like it**

LINK to 2048x1536 version from your fb
...to really appreciate it

** I would LOVE to see these seats in COLORS
- dk.red
- blueprint blue
- euro-tan

ps-edit
TY for posting the pix just as thumbnails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Agree 2b2 with your comment regarding adding some colours to those seats.
Sort of like what they did with the Fiesta
View attachment 10626

Ford did some cool seat colour stuff with the Verve Concept as well.

In the UK their equal spec to the EU Trend Sport is the Zetec S and the seats in the Zetec S come with red stitching.
Have not seen them yet, but probably look pretty nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
:thumb: TY, MKII ! ! :joyous:

very interesting upholstery: part textured with stitching that almost looks like piping...
...*think* I really like it**

LINK to 2048x1536 version from your fb
...to really appreciate it

** I would LOVE to see these seats in COLORS
- dk.red
- blueprint blue
- euro-tan

ps-edit
TY for posting the pix just as thumbnails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found the UK Zetec S with these seats and the red stitching

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
New focus arrived my country :)
I have test driven the 1.6 tdci titanium+bixenon pack car. 1.6 tdci is still noisy as **** ! How can people choose that noise machine over a petrol car for a slight economy I can't understand..
Anyway, interior's quality perception is far better than a VW golf. Its a very technological car but main drawbacks are still the same. Interior is not roomy its very claustrophobic especially the front compartment (ford claims a 1.5 cm improvement I think but its not perceptible).
Trunk or luggage compartment is still small for a compact car.

This is a video of perpendicular parking with rear view cam . Sorry for the Turkish content. Im not the driver. He says its a tight place he thinks car doesnt fit but it fits .. The driver impressed the parking performance

And this is a general review in Turkish again. 16" alloys( 0:20) , sedan rear without LED taillights (0:30), standart seats (0:48) new dual trip computers (1:20 ) SONY speakers (2:00), glovebox (2:14) and new functional cupholder compartment (3:10) can be seen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts