Discussion Starter #1

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
YAY!
< Autoblog link
- smoother sleeker styling
- sliding rear doors ON A CAR
- 3-dimensional multi-function tailgate/hatch: body can easily be coupish sedan OR Cuv

more coming ;)

&
NOW, do SOMETHING about that GREEN :D

&
MotorAuthority's article & gallery

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
just imho
but
everything below the level of the headlites is pure FG Falcon
and
the 'volume' of the shape is sleekly rounded, not scraped & gouged like Kinetic was leaning
tho
J Mays does still "call" it Kinetic
(that is a nice name)

&
adding

&
Ford showcases Focus Iosis Max concept - DetroitFreePress
BY MARK PHELAN • FREE PRESS AUTO CRITIC • March 2, 2009

GENEVA – Ford gave customers around the world — and the workers who will build the car at the Wayne plant in suburban Detroit — a first glimpse of its new Focus compact today on the eve of the annual Geneva Auto Show.

The Iosis Max concept takes the bold kinetic styling theme Ford’s European design team created and applies it to the Focus, which goes into production in Europe, the United States and Asia next year.

The car also previewed three new technologies Ford will use to reduce fuel consumption and emissions while maintaining performance...
((EcoBoost, PowerShift, auto-stop idling (saw Mazda call it "i-stop")))

...The Iosis Max measures 167.3 inches long, about 7.7 inches shorter than the current Focus sedan. It rides on a 102-inch wheelbase, nearly an inch shorter than the current Focus. The concept’s front and rear overhangs are nearly nonexistent, however, suggesting production models will grow closer to the Focus’ size...

...The Iosis concept showcases three unusual door mechanisms Ford is studying for future vehicles. The front doors are double-hinged, allowing them to be opened for easy access in very narrow parking spaces. The sliding rear doors are also in the works for upcoming passenger cars.

The tailgate features a unique two-piece construction that can be opened in three different ways for easy access and maximum storage space, said Patrick Verhée, innovation manager for the concept.

&
attaching color changes & a quick morph
- first in honor of YellowZX5 :)
- then a C-Max speculation in IceBlueFrost :cool:
- had to add a "Juicy" A-or-B-Max

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Design VIDEO - WorldCarFans.com

^they also have the full Press Release (snip)
FORD IOSIS MAX CONCEPT COMBINES STYLE, INNOVATION AND EFFICIENCY

1 Introduction and Highlights
  • Third in the series of exciting iosis ‘kinetic design' concept cars is unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show

• New iosis MAX is a vision for Ford's next generation compact multi-activity vehicle (MAV), and hints at the design direction of Ford's next global C-cars

• Concept combines bold, dynamic styling with new levels of efficiency and flexibility

• Striking exterior design based on a fresh interpretation of Ford's kinetic design form language

• Coupé-like side profile, with bold new window line graphic and highly original ‘flying buttress' C-pillar design

• Distinctive new design treatments for lower trapezoidal grille and front / rear lights

• Interior presents a bold evolution of the exterior design language, incorporating dynamic shapes and advanced materials

• Slim, muscular instrument panel flows into innovative centre console with three-dimensional touch-screen surface

• Lightweight seats supported on spine-like bridge, so that occupants are ‘floating on air'

• Unique two-piece tailgate design allows full opening even in restricted spaces

• B-Pillarless construction and new door kinematics provides optimised side loading

• Environmental sustainability enhanced by innovative powertrain technologies, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight construction techniques

• iosis MAX previews Ford of Europe's high efficiency EcoBoost engine family with a 1.6-litre 180 PS unit designed to deliver improved fuel economy and lower emissions

• 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine is coupled to a new Ford Auto-Start-Stop system and Ford's advanced PowerShift transmission showcasing future possibilities for lean, clean and efficient petrol powertrains
much MUCH More

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ Thanks :)
I'll do better ones (hopefully) when diff pix come out
HOPE this will be at the NYC autoshow!!!

& hmm...
Kinetic2 or KineticTOO?

&
AutoExpress has live photos
Ford Iosis MAX ...Ford takes wraps off daring new C-MAX

Striking people carrier concept debuts at the Geneva Motor Show

Take a look at the future of Ford! This stunning machine is the Iosis MAX – a concept car that reveals how the next generation C-MAX and Focus family cars will look.

Making its debut at the Geneva Motor Show, the head-turning model boasts the latest example of Ford's kinetic design language, which was first revealed by the S-MAX back in 2004. It has been penned by Martin Smith, who presented the car along with his design team...

...While this four-seater concept is a lot smaller than the current C-MAX, the production version will be available in full five-seat specification – most likely staying as close as possible to the sporty shape of the show car – and, for the first time, in seven-seater trim too.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Anyone who has a chance, please post pictures. I am cought up somewhere and cannot get out in time to post pictures.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ford did an excellent job on designing this car. I really like what I'm seeing & I would definitely like to see some of these styling cues on future small Fords. I absolutely love those headlights.

Also great pics 2b2 thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My fav pic http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090302.018/mi...tail-with-video
Ford is doing some nice stuff with lighting, check the lighting in the rocker panel.

From the autoexpress write up - Bosses are weighing up whether to make the Focus a global car – i.e. a model sold across all world markets – and if that happens, it'll go on sale first, possibly as early as 2010 with the C-MAX arriving in 2011. Both projects are being worked on in parallel and a decision will be made imminently.
I think autoexpress has this reversed were it should say whether the C-Max will be a global car, not the Focus.

Found some interesting quotes on autocars site -

“A compact MAV like this would be the wrong kind of car for such a big mission,” said Stefan Lamm, Ford of Europe’s chief exterior designer, when I asked him about the ‘global harmonisation’ of Ford’s design languages. “The next Focus will be a global car, sure, but a Focus-sized MPV will never be popular all over the world. No, the car you’re referring to is still a year away.”
http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/desi.../iosis-max-is-it-what-you-were-expecting.aspx

Now is Mr.Lamm just being cagey and using the "size" and "concept" values of this MAV to elude the question? I heard from an inside Ford UK source that the B-Max is cancelled, but Mr.Lamm does go on to say "a Focus-sized MPV" will never be popular all over the "my insert" USA, world. My take on Lamms last comment "the car you're referring to is still a year away" is USA will only be offered the 7 paxs C-Max.

Now another interesting design detail I see is the use and evolution of the 3 bar chrome slats in the trapezoidal lower grille. Could this be a hint of the ‘global harmonization’ of Ford’s design languages, hmmmm?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is a good place for Ford to start with a small vehicle in my opinion.

The Iosis Max is said to have new six-speed Powershift dual-clutch automated manual transmission and automatic "off at idle with restart on acceleration".

There are only two improvements I can suggest for the planned power train:

1) "Driver selectable" shift modes (power/acceration, normal, or fuel frugal) where the shift control computer executes the acceleration profile automatically ... or "advises" the driver with "shift up/down" indicators at the appropriate points when using manual shift.

2) Solve the US/CA emissions abatement issues with the 1.4~1.8 Duratorq TDCi Eco diesel as an alternative to the EcoBoost for even greater fuel frugality. Somewhere between 44 to 58 mpg combined average?

Now that would be something to see!

Unfortunately, my family needs a machine at least the size of a Mondeo Estate.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK FORD!

As the saying goes "GOD's SPEED"!

Looking forward to seeing something like the Iosis Max in the US soon!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
It s a pure Kinetic, advanced Kinetic desing: the grille, the wheel archs, the headligths, the hard caracter lines....

looks good, but the production model will look better...i hope

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting you mention the Reflex. Reason I say this is because the last 2 Focus renderings that have been done, both showed the hood/front bonnet designed with the centre line curving into the front grille and with the Blue Oval badge , which made me think of the Reflex hood design.
http://jalopnik.com/cars/concept-cars/fords-reflex-concept-coming-to-detroit-146317.php

Igor is this a design element we will see on the next Focus?
Reflex would make a good Probe.:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
152 Posts
Eh, I kinda have mixed feelings about this concept.

I guess I could sum my opinion on it as "It looks too new". Of course, "too new" benefitted the first Taurus.

Though I do really like the interior, but the lights look a little weird. The first thing that goes though my mind is "organic" - like the little frilly things on a mushroom cap...dunno why...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts