Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
This type of car will, eventually, take a big portion of the compact sedan/hatch market (Focus size cars). Is the hottest segment in Europe.

The competition is fierce. Here 2 of the new Ford Puma competitors :

2020 Peugeot 2008

The interior of the Peugeot is sensational... the instrument panel is completely digital....that is why in the new Puma we found 2 digital screens...

This is the Citroën C3 Aircross... have been for 2 years in the market, and already looks old!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I wouldn't be upset if this did replace the EcoSport

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
ExoSport upgrade will be here before you know it. Who knows what that will look like. This looks a bit like new Escape.
It should keep offroad ability, and be restyled like the Bronco and Baby Bronco.
The Puma or something like it should also be offered here as a city CUV.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
It should keep offroad ability, and be restyled like the Bronco and Baby Bronco.
The Puma or something like it should also be offered here as a city CUV.
I don't know, I think that Ford has the tough off road segment covered well, but not enough non-CUVish options. I would go with something just like, if not identical to Puma.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I wouldn't be upset if this did replace the EcoSport
The front-wheel drive-only Puma is essentially a roomier more stylish Fiesta Active "Plus".
The Puma's cargo floor box which allows it to have an expandable cargo area takes up the space where the rear differential would go in an all-wheel drive vehicle.

I think the next EcoSport will continue to be more SUV-like of the two with a higher ground clearance, higher wading capability and will have available all-wheel drive (like the current one).

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think the next EcoSport will continue to be more SUV-like of the two with a higher ground clearance, higher wading capability and will have available all-wheel drive (like the current one).
The EcoSport has wading ability? :surprise2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
OMG!!!! It must be hard to be Ford....you launch something ‘brand new’ and in a matter of weeks your competitors catapult you out.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
OMG!!!! It must be hard to be Ford....you launch something ‘brand new’ and in a matter of weeks your competitors catapult you out.
To be honest, the Captur looks just like a Clio with two-tone paint and cladding. It looks good but nothing special.

I'd go for the Puma any time.... and love those Ford GT-inspired headlights.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
550mm (21.65 inches)
It's nothing great but more than most crossover SUVs that's not a Land Rover.

A pre-facelift EcoSport crossing a stream.
Exactly why we should have both. EcoSport restyled to look more Bronco-like, and Puma for city/suburbs.

Reactions: AM222

·
Registered
348 Posts
Still don’t get it. There’s a fair bit of overlap yet they won’t commit to making them global. No rhd for bronco and explorer, and probably the same for Puma.

Are you guys saying the ecosport’s replacement is Baby Bronco? If not then there’s even more overlap.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts