Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest pictures of a disguised next-generation Ford Ranger undergoing hot-weather
testing.
The latest iteration of Ford's US and Canada-only pick-up will be built on Ford's T6 platform and will form part of their new global strategy by being offered for sale outside The States.

The new model has a sleeker front end and chunkier rear wheel arches courtesy of the new chassis which makes it longer and wider than the outgoing model.

Due to go on sale in 2011, the Ranger is expected to feature a new range of four-pot engines including 2.2 and 3.2-litre Duratorq TDCi common-rail diesels, and 2.0-litre EcoBoost and 2.5-litre Duratec petrol engines. Six-speed manual and automatic transmissions will be available on all engines.

Previous spy-shots have revealed a less utilitarian interior with a multifunction steering wheel backed up by stylish new dials similar to those in the Fiesta and new Focus.

More...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...The latest iteration of Ford's US and Canada-only pick-up will be built on Ford's T6 platform and will form part of their new global strategy by being offered for sale outside The States...
some posters elsewhere think ^that^ means we're actually going to get it here in the U.S. - considering AutoExpress's less than reliable reputation
imho it's just sloppy wording
tho I sure hope it turns out we get the T6 - actually a number of T6-based thingies :toetap:

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I hope we get this truck here!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Probably some Ford employee went and told them it was. Just a guess, I could easily be wrong here.

I sincerely dislike the fact that this Ranger will be larger. I can't really comment on anything else at this point though.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
How do we even know its a Ford?
its pretty obvious, it looks exactly like the global ranger, plus you can see where the blue oval is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts