Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford recalling 7,100 Lincoln MKZ Hybrids over software glitch
By Drew Johnson Wednesday, Nov 27th, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Ford is recalling 7,100 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid sedans in the United States for a software glitch that could result in a rollaway accident. The recall covers another 170 MKZ Hybrids in Mexico.
According to Ford, those MKZ Hybrids covered by the recall may have a software fault that can allow the vehicle's automatic transmission to be shifted out of park without the driver pressing the brake. Ford warns that the defect could increase the likelihood of a rollaway accident.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-re...brids-over-software-glitch.html#ixzz2lrZpxLuz

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nightmare for some...my aunt and uncle traded their Pilot in on an mkz and have had several issues with electical. Non-start, driver power seat quit and several times the keyless entry wouldn't respond. They were loyal Honda ppl and are disappointed with the lincoln... last I knew, they were looking at trading. It's too bad, I'm proud at where cadillac is now and want lincoln to gain some respect but these problems are costing Lincoln. I know it's only one car, but if you p**s customers off, they are gone. I recall some issues on blue oval forums as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope they will test all possible issues before selling cars to the public to avoid recalls. It's not easy to give away a car you just had you know. :)

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
This is old news already played out in the media. With the install of the internal internet connection with the MKC, software updates can be done remotely, like Tesla does for all of their drivetrain software updates.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Another reason why I really, REALLY like having mechanical interfaces with my vehicles' drivetrains. Shift and throttle by wire can both burn in the special ****.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^^^^

It used to be that Luxury and performance were uniquely separate, today they are joined at the hip to a large extent. I really think, and have stated before that the term Luxury is useless in a world where a Focus Titanium is phenomenally luxurious. When you look at the top end of the market what you're seeing are premium brands, and that word premium can and does take on different meanings with each brand, and often different meanings for the various vehicles within each brand.

There are vehicles within the premium segment that are purely luxury cars and in those cases I completely agree. A manual makes zero sense in a MKT!

I guess that was just a long winded way of saying that a manual transmission very much belongs in some premium vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts