·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, February 22, 2008
Ford Redesigns New Models

New-for-2008 models will receive changes for the 2009 year

By Igor Holas

In 2008, Ford released several new models, but none of them were clean-sheet redesigns. Among those, the 2008 Focus, 2008 Escape (and siblings) and 2008 Econoline received a fair amount of criticism for carryover elements, or lacking updates. Ford is getting ready to address that criticism in a costly 2009 re-do of the 2008 launches.

The 2008 launches represent the last vehicles approved and developed before Mark Fields took over Ford of Americas in late 2005. Fields has had some input on these models, but could not order major changes without delaying the introduction schedule. As a result, Fields chose a two-step release of the changes. The originally-planned models were released in 2008, and major flaws addressed in 2009 changes.
MORE HERE: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/ford-redesigns-new-models.html

Igor

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It's great to know Ford is focusing on what the consumer wants and needs I think before too long Ford should be very profitable once again.

But is it really nessecary to redesign the interior in the Econoline?

I think Ford should work on redesigning the interiors in the Mercury Grand Marquis and Ford Crown Victoria first but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's great to know Ford is focusing on what the consumer wants and needs I think before too long Ford should be very profitable once again.

But is it really nessecary to redesign the interior in the Econoline?

I think Ford should work on redesigning the interiors in the Mercury Grand Marquis and Ford Crown Victoria first but that's just my opinion.
E-series unlike the Panthers is not a dead product.

Igor

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Ford still sells far more full size vans than anyone else. That may not mean much to some, but it is big buisness.
The Econoline is a rock solid Full-Size Van and the upgraded interior, Navigation, Sync, and improvements to its suspension and braking will finally allow this van to match up with its rugged exterior and feel like it belongs in the 21st Century.

The one huge benefit that I see in adding a navigation system to the Econoline...Ford can also offer a built in Back-Up Camera and could also offer a Back-Up Camera integrated in the Rear-View Mirror as well. That would be such a welcome addition in conjunction with Park Assist.

I'm glad to see Ford is making changes to its products so quickly to address customer concerns and market opinions and I look forward to seeing the end results for the Econoline.

Thanks for the info Igor!
Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think it is their second biggest seller right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.