Ford Inside News banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts

It's coming for 2021 and it could look something like this.

Ford just announced its new Escape for 2020, but the launch event in Amsterdam contained additional information that most decidedly has our interest. The Blue Oval started touting an all-electric Mustang-based crossover vehicle over a year ago, but nestled in the Escape’s launch were some fresh details on the project. They were so interesting that we took it upon ourselves to commission the rendering you see above. This interpretation is based on recent information, rumors, and tips from people who’ve allegedly seen the real design.

https://www.motor1.com/news/328794/details-emerge-mustang-electric-crossover/?fbclid=IwAR2UMucM60lnEBeNr2jF3QyIvYkqp3a58ALVuNiTArCjQAQYxWM4AXbBIes

·
Registered
348 Posts
I thought that was going to be on D6. They're saying it'll be on it's own dedicated platform which is good news of true.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a recent article about this. Apparently a Reddit user claims to be one of the engineers and said with certainty that there will not be a 4-door Mustang but rather the Mach-E (as he said it will be called) will be the "Mustang-inspired" electric crossover. Something Ford already said numerous times. However, the Reddit profile has been deleted. But still rather interested to read this.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27398/mustang-inspired-ford-mach-e-will-do-zero-to-60-in-under-3-5-seconds-debut-late-2019-report

The photo link posted above by Andrew L is interesting too. A user on BON posted the same-above image along with what was said to be a cover of Car & Driver magazine. However, another user on BON responded that the photo came from a British magazine that had their facts wrong regarding the Mach E. They had 'Mustang-based' rather than 'inspired' and came up with the rather photoshopped renderings.

I'm thinking we may see reveal sometime by Los Angeles Auto Show later November if not sooner like the New York Auto Show in just a few days. I'm rather excited for it as long as it does not carry the Mustang name which isn't as it seems.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts