Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Reveals Contemporary Design for Vignale Lounge; Presents Exclusive Vignale Collection at the Paris Motor Show

PARIS, France - Ford Motor Company will reveal at the Paris Motor Show the first design elements for the Vignale Lounge, a welcoming, contemporary environment that will complement perfectly the forthcoming Vignale model range.

Integrated within the new FordStores rolling out across Europe, the Vignale Lounge has been developed by the same Ford team that designed the new Ford Mondeo Vignale. The lounges will support the launch of Ford’s new upscale Vignale range, which begins next year with the Ford Mondeo Vignale and soon after the Ford S-MAX Vignale.

The Vignale Lounge reflects themes from the forthcoming Vignale range through the use of soft-touch leather, rich fabrics, colours, and fine detailing. Each lounge will offer an inviting sales environment, supported throughout by a dedicated relationship manager and tailored services, such as a complimentary monthly car wash available at the FordStore for the duration the original customer’s ownership.

“The Vignale Lounge ensures that from the moment a Vignale customer first steps into the dealership they are immersed in a world that complements perfectly our new Vignale model range,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “Like the forthcoming Mondeo Vignale and S-MAX Vignale models, the Vignale Lounge will offer a quiet and luxurious environment, furnished with high quality materials.”

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Page...gnale Collection at the Paris Motor Show.aspx

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
This is where the Vignale strategy gets awkward. I can't help but wonder if separating your clients by class in the same showrooms isn't going to result in some customers feeling alienated?

Edit: My thoughts are that it's one thing to offer a higher level of service to clients of the high end Vignale product as it's going to be less in your face than having an area of the showroom that's off limits to all those silly Fiesta buyers. Having a service rep assigned to you vs. having a general line to call and wait your turn is again, not visible to the Fiesta owner. Free car washes and the like, again, higher level of service but not in the face of the buyer of the more mundane vehicles.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is where the Vignale strategy gets awkward. I can't help but wonder if separating your clients by class in the same showrooms isn't going to result in some customers feeling alienated?

Edit: My thoughts are that it's one thing to offer a higher level of service to clients of the high end Vignale product as it's going to be less in your face than having an area of the showroom that's off limits to all those silly Fiesta buyers. Having a service rep assigned to you vs. having a general line to call and wait your turn is again, not visible to the Fiesta owner. Free car washes and the like, again, higher level of service but not in the face of the buyer of the more mundane vehicles.
I didn't see this for Black Label......is Vignale more than BL for Lincoln?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I didn't see this for Black Label......is Vignale more than BL for Lincoln?
From what I've read about BL they are offering a higher level of personalized service to those customers. I have not read that this extends to having their own separate lounges to keep them from breathing the same air as the more plebeian customers. Offering a higher level of service that isn't quite so in the face of the rest of your customers is a good idea, making clear to the majority of your customers that they're less valuable to you is not.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
One Ford apparently extends to Lincoln's marketing strategy, preventing Ford customers from leaving to other luxury marques when they move up in the world. Won't bring in new customers, just prevent them from leaving. Ford is in a really difficult position in Europe where they have no luxury car customers, and that is where the biggest growth and profits now rest and where Ford looses the most customers. Ford has very little growth room at the top, especially in Europe where Ford is perceived as mass-market budget car-hire stuff with fun sporty hatches. Ford in the US not only has a modestly resurgent Lincoln, but posh Crossovers and Trucks at the top-end that dwarf the prices of anything sold in Europe at Ford.

Vignale probably won't do what Ford needs, which is a true luxury car play.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
So let’s see,
Introduce a premium trim level to the luxury starved customers offering great products at a spectacular price while reaping mega ROI $$$’s.
Yeah, I see no victims here.
Why on earth would they spend far more to offer slightly more.

And as far as class segregation is concerned, I doubt it would be as bad as....lets say walking through the First Class row every time I get on a plane.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
And as far as class segregation is concerned, I doubt it would be as bad as....lets say walking through the First Class row every time I get on a plane.
Yeah really, or seeing people walking around with clothes and watches and other things I can't afford. Life's tough, Ford wants to make money, the poor Fiesta buyer is no worse off knowing that the Vignale buyer gets coddled more than he does. And the occasional Fiesta buyer might see if he can't stretch his budget to get the Vignale treatment, which makes for a smart business plan on Ford's behalf.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I can't help but see this as a big automotive gag in 10 years when people look back at this effort as gross and superficial. Hopefully by then Ford will have moved on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts