Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concept previews upcoming Ranger-based SUV.
www.FordInsideNews.com
August 13, 2013
By: Nick Saporito

At a special event in Sydney, Australia Ford revealed the Everest Concept SUV. The Everest serves as a thinly veiled concept of what the production SUV will look like when it debuts at a later date.

The Everest Concept shares its platform with the global Ford Ranger pickup, meaning that yes, this is a proper body on frame SUV. The production version of the Everest will go on sale in select global markets as what Ford calls, "a seven seat off-roader." It is not expected to launch in North America.

Everest will join the Kuga, EcoSport and Territory in the Ford Australia SUV lineup when it launches next year. It will be a direct competitor to the Chevrolet Colorado 7 and Mitsubishi Challenger.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like it, but I'm used to pining for Aussie-market Fords...fruitlessly...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like the look of this a lot!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
It looks great!. I still think that the new Ranger and this SUV have a space in the USA market. Toyota still produce some BOF SUVs based on compact-medium size trucks. Why let all that market to them?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The grill could use a little work, but other than that...I like it.
Maybe a Lincolnized version could work in the line-up.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The grill could use a little work, but other than that...I like it.
Maybe a Lincolnized version could work in the line-up.
If the rumors are true and the Navi becomes a true LR competitor then this would make a pretty sweet Aviator

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
This just reconfirms the pussification of America. We've become soft like the liberals wanted all along, so our trucks (Explorer) have become glorified cars. If you have a Y chromosome and prefer the Explorer to this then I would suggest there is something amiss in your head.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Very Nice. This would be for global markets, what the Expedition is for the US. The SUV version of the Global Ranger/F-150 pick-up. But this could give us an idea what the new Expedition may look like. Less boxy, more rounded, more finished, more muscular. Reminds me of the Grand Cherokee in the rear.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm not sure people in the US are looking for an Explorer that is more off-road-worthy, at least not in sufficient numbers. For those that need this in the US, there is the Expedition which is not available in those markets.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'm not sure people in the US are looking for an Explorer that is more off-road-worthy, at least not in sufficient numbers. For those that need this in the US, there is the Expedition which is not available in those markets.
I hear ya, but the Expedition is just so damn huge. I have no desire to deal with something that large when I have no use for it. I would however be first in line for the Everest, to me it and the global Ranger are the perfect size!! I honestly think for 90% of F150/Expedition owners it would be better also.

The Everest can be both a truck, off roader, and grocery getter. The Explorer is only one of those things.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Maybe a Lincolnized version could work in the line-up.

no more wire hangers ever! ...I mean "lincolnized fords"

for those platforms that'll be used for both Brands,
Lincoln has to AT LEAST be on equal footing with Ford when conceiving the initial specifications ...IF NOT FIRST

you CAN take out Luxury design and top tier engineering,
rarely if ever can it be effectively retrofitted to an INFERIOR design
imho.

The grill could use a little work, but other than that...I like it...
This reminds me a lot of the next-gen Edge, at least the front clip design does.
imho the details of the Edge will be so different (and higher end!) that the resemblance will be at most superficial
esp: much greater detail in the grille & smaller, higher-tech-looking headlites

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I don't think the Expedition has that much off road ability however

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love this suv. I hope it would come to the US just like this to compete with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. I wish that the next generation Ford Edge will be designed just like this. Sporty with an Upscale design. There are no Ford SUV's here in the us that look like a real suv. The Ford SUV's here in the US are bloated and low to the ground. This Everest sits high and has a true SUV appeal to it.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Just looking at the year end sales results, and how much traction Jeep is having with offering more rugged AWD platforms on their SUVs, while Ford goes more for the soft road CUV vehicles.

Which is why I think the RWD/AWD 5+2 passenger Everest would be a good fit between the crossover Edge and then Explorer. Or between the Explorer and the Expedition. While the Global Ranger/F-100 sits between the Transit Connect and F-150.

This would also help give Ford more off road credibility, so they can sit at the same table as Jeep.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
^ cue Troller comment from ausrutherford in 3... 2... 1...

&
I wonder if Everest would get the same not-ready-for-prime(U.S.)time from Mark Fields??
&
really wonder if some mutual architecture couldn't serve all these middie-trucks and make them profitable/workable globally ...U.S.included this time??
Everest can always be needed here. Of course, would not mind the new Troller coming either as a Bronco. They should launch Troller in China however...instant sales. Both it and Everest are T6 so starting production in China couldn't be hard per say.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts