Ford Inside News banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Everest can always be needed here. Of course, would not mind the new Troller coming either as a Bronco. They should launch Troller in China however...instant sales. Both it and Everest are T6 so starting production in China couldn't be hard per say.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I would love to have a new Bronco. The new Bronco must be: affordable, rugged, fuel efficient, capable, and stylish.

I've been waiting for a Bronco revival for many years now. I believe it could be a sales success. The closest vehicles we have to the Bronco are the ugly FJ Cruiser and the crappy as **** Jeep Wrangler. Ford could breathe some life into this segment.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I would love to have a new Bronco. The new Bronco must be: affordable, rugged, fuel efficient, capable, and stylish.

I've been waiting for a Bronco revival for many years now. I believe it could be a sales success. The closest vehicles we have to the Bronco are the ugly FJ Cruiser and the crappy as **** Jeep Wrangler. I believe Ford could breathe some life to this segment.
Yes x2

I would love a new Bronco also. I'll be honest I have a soft spot for those old Bronco II's....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If the rumors are true and the Navi becomes a true LR competitor then this would make a pretty sweet Aviator
Interesting idea! I just don't see how this could fit into Ford's lineup in the US, there are already so many CUVs. At the same time, I picture this type of vehicle as more of a Ford than a Lincoln brand product... hmmm...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

I've been waiting for a Bronco revival for many years now. I believe it could be a sales success. The closest vehicles we have to the Bronco are the ugly FJ Cruiser and the crappy as **** Jeep Wrangler. Ford could breathe some life into this segment.
Agree, except for the 'crappy' Wrangler comment. It's a big hit, and it's what the fans want, so Ford would be smart to do something as rugged and rough-and-tumble. A new Bronco would be great! Ford is on such a roll, now would be a good time to introduce a cool Bronco!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
It seems that with the Explorer becoming a big wagon, and losing it's off road creed by going FWD, Ford needs to offer a RWD option in North America. Explorer is being outsold by the Jeep Grand Cherokee month after month.

Ford will either need to make the Explorer less 'cute' with it's next refresh, or plan to introduce a real AWD vehicle in it's place.

Right now if you want to go off road or are into an outdoor sport that requires going off road , Ford does not have a vehicle for you. This is where the Everest comes in. It's rugged off road capability allows it to take up the slack from the FWD Explorer. It's smaller size allows it to be a fit, and also compete with the Cherokee's off road capability.

The Everest would fill an market gap Ford has created for itself going FWD with it's larger suv.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It seems that with the Explorer becoming a big wagon, and losing it's off road creed by going FWD, Ford needs to offer a RWD option in North America. Explorer is being outsold by the Jeep Grand Cherokee month after month.

Ford will either need to make the Explorer less 'cute' with it's next refresh, or plan to introduce a real AWD vehicle in it's place.

Right now if you want to go off road or are into an outdoor sport that requires going off road , Ford does not have a vehicle for you. This is where the Everest comes in. It's rugged off road capability allows it to take up the slack from the FWD Explorer. It's smaller size allows it to be a fit, and also compete with the Cherokee's off road capability.

The Everest would fill an market gap Ford has created for itself going FWD with it's larger suv.
Couldn't Ford make the next Expedition a little more manageable in size with the redesign in a few years? I would welcome an Everest, but I don't think Ford would bring one here because of the Expedition.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Couldn't Ford make the next Expedition a little more manageable in size with the redesign in a few years? I would welcome an Everest, but I don't think Ford would bring one here because of the Expedition.
The Everest is based on the Ranger, which is smaller than the F-150. With the Explorer set to remain FWD, Ford has nothing to counter the off road abilities of Jeep vehicles.

Even if Ford made the Explorer a bit smaller, but kept it's power and towing capability, it would still be too big for the Jeep/4-Runner consumer.

I think the Ranger below the F-150 and Everest between Escape and Explorer, together would do well for Ford. It would give Ford the RWD/AWD products it needs to compete.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts