Ford Inside News banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I can always count on SP to find the negativity in great Ford news, LOL.
I'm nothing if not consistent! :tongue:

Seriously though, If the great Ford news is the pricing I don't find anything great about it.

Ford did not just throw this thing out there, although it is all existing hardware and dam easy to do just that, but they instead listened to many voices or demographic who wants it, So there is that. Secondly, it costs NOTHING to do, unlike a Raptor. And there is nothing to stop them from producing just as many or as little as the demographic needs.
I think I said pretty much the same in that its a niche produce. Ford is not expecting a huge sales surge from the Tremor, its just another option available. I do however think offering the extended and crew cabs as an option would have opened it up to a larger audience!! And again, $38K is a damn nice Mustang!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some may feel that being much quicker than a Raptor, might be worth the $10K saved.
Honestly, the Raptor would bury a 4x4 Tremor off road, so it has it's advantages. Plus, many "non-Ford buyers" love the Raptor, but would scoff at the Tremor.

Ford is not expecting a huge sales surge from the Tremor, its just another option available. I do however think offering the extended and crew cabs as an option would have opened it up to a larger audience!
Ok. Tell Ford to pull the FX2 & FX4 badges off & slap the Tremor stickers on. Done. The Tremor has the same equipment as the FX2/4, which have been available ONLY as extended & crew cab models for years. Ford could have just introduced this truck as a new cab option to the FX2/4 trim level, but they are playing with people's minds. This gives buyers the feeling that they are buying a "special" model of truck, when in reality, they aren't. The Raptor is a special model. The Lightning was a special model. The Tremor is a marketing ploy.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts